AFTCO Digital Marketing Strategist
AFTCO Mfg Co Inc Charleston, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Brands: Primarily AFTCO Clothing, with secondary support of Marsh Wear Clothing & AFTCO Tackle
Compensation: Full time salary with annual bonus and benefits including profit sharing plan, health, dental and life insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays
Location: Inhouse position at either AFTCO’s Corporate office in Santa Ana, CA or Marsh Wear’s satellite office in Charleston, SC
AFTCO, the American Fishing Tackle Company, is looking for an experienced and talented Digital Marketing Strategist to join the team. This position is primarily responsible for strategizing effective e-commerce and digital marketing efforts for AFTCO.com, with focus on our email and personalization campaigns. A secondary responsibility includes support of the AFTCO owned sister brand, MarshWearClothing.com. This position reports to AFTCO’s director of marketing and will work with in-house and outside partners, most notability AFTCO’s growing inhouse marketing team.
AFTCO’s Email Marketing Campaigns
· Internal advocate for execution, oversight, and strategy for all things email
· Build custom email flows and automated messaging to effectively communicate brand message
· Control on site email acquisition strategies
· Ownership of email database, particularly around database management and effective segmenting / targeting of audiences.
· Ownership of Customer Segmentation Platform (NOSTO) to insure effective use onsite through email and A/B testing.
Marketing Calendar – Create, oversee, and ensure the execution of AFTCO’s digital marketing calendar
· Scheduling and coordination of seasonal promotions, email blasts, and other marketing events
· Ensuring communication between all teams; AFTCO’s customer service team, marketing, e-commerce, and merchandising teams.
· Work with AFTCO’s marketing designer and creative marketing manager to plan, coordinate and execute online marketing campaigns, e.g., seasonal product launches and campaigns, AFTCO Video Series, blog content, and brand story telling
· Aligning retail selling periods with AFTCO’s web promotions
· Work alongside AFTCO’s Digital Marketing Manager and Marketing Director on campaign concepts, ad creative testing, audience targeting and performance to increase ROAS / hone spend
KPI Driven Testing & Optimization
• Effective A/B testing and optimization for CRO / ROAS
• Leveraging onsite opportunities, e.g., email acquisition promotions
• Appropriate onsite merchandising of product categories
• Establishing a reporting discipline
• Fully understand business objectives around profitability, merchandising, increasing brand awareness and brand loyalty through customer experience
• 3+ Years e-commerce experience with demonstrated ability to lead internal teams and external collaborative partners
• Extensive understanding and experience with email, SMS, and all other means of traffic acquisition
• HTML knowledge is a plus. You will work alongside our in-house graphics team and outside web contractors when needed, but must have the ability to make normal onsite changes where necessary
• Strong Google Analytics knowledge
• Familiarity with email platforms is a must—experience with Klayvio is a plus
• Web / tech savvy with familiarity of current ecommerce trends
• Advanced Excel and other technical software skills
• Solid Reporting Experience
• Experience managing rich media content
• Understanding and familiarity of the Active / Outdoor sportswear or sporting goods market is a plus
• Knowledge and capability in relevant platforms and technology:
E-commerce platforms (Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, etc.)
Email platforms (MailChimp, Listrak, Bronto, Klaviyo, Dotmailer, etc.)
Project Management (from conception to execution via Asana, Microsoft Teams, Basecamp, etc.)
Web integration management (ERP systems, product / inventory feeds)
Must be highly motivated, possess good communication skills, and have the ability to work as a team player. Passionate about high growth e-commerce and digital marketing. As a company we have donated 10% of our profits back to ocean conservation every year since 1958. It is important that our employees share our passion of giving back. An interest in the outdoors or fishing is a plus, but not a requirement. Interested and qualified applicants must submit a resume that includes a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience in relation to this specific position and salary requirements.
Since 1958, AFTCO has set the standard for offshore fishing tackle. More recently, our ever-expanding sportswear lines have become the staple for anglers across the country. Read more here We are passionate about our products, our fishing lifestyle, and most importantly, our employees.
AFTCO Mfg Co IncWhy Work Here?
AFTCO offers a friendly family and community environment, energetic and motivated co-workers, plus great benefits, including profit sharing.
Since 1958, AFTCO has set the standard for fishing tackle and performance driven technical apparel. We are passionate about our products, time on the water, giving back to the resources, and most importantly our employees. We believe strongly in taking our brightest employees and advancing their careers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. We are a family-owned and operated company that offers a small, casual, and friendly workplace. We host company events such as family picnic, holiday party, and annual safety BBQ. In addition to offering a generous benefits package, we also offer profit sharing and an employee discount program.