Carrier Sales Representative
AFS Logistics Shreveport, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Carrier Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA, United States
Dallas, TX, United States
AFS Logistics is looking for a seasoned, Carrier Sales Representative to drive growth by developing and retaining a high performing, competitively priced network of carriers for AFS Logistics’ truckload brokerage business. In this role, the main responsibility is to aggressively source and manage carrier capacity by engaging with carriers via telephone, social media and email. In addition, this role is responsible to uphold our core values: Ethics, Engagement, and Excellence.
AFS Logistics is an industry-leading, multi-modal logistics solutions provider (3PL) with offices across the country. We provide freight bill auditing and service offerings that include cost management, supply chain optimization and managed transportation services all supported by superior cloud-based technology and a leadership team with experience from the industry’s top carriers. Our focus is on offering excellent customer service, individualized plans for customers and a greater visibility into the complexities of transportation spend.
This position offers a competitive salary & commission and is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
- Carrier sales and rate negotiations
- Book shipments across multiple modes and coordinate communication between all stakeholders, which includes shippers, carriers, consignees, and teammates
- Building and sustaining relationships with both new and existing carriers
- Dispatch high volume of freight (Van, Flatbed, Reefer – Truckload)
- Evaluate shipments and select most cost-effective method of delivery
- Drive performance management for carrier base
- Demonstrate solid decision making and prioritization skills
- Buy capacity at better than market rates and create margin
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with carriers
- Coordinate efforts and communication with sales department
- Extensive contract and pricing negotiation
- Participates in special projects and other assigned duties, as assigned
- High energy, high engagement, high trust team player
- Entrepreneurial deal maker and problem solver and provides solutions
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to work independently -- self-motivated
- Ability to thrive in high a tempo environment
- Proficiency with CRM, TMS and MS Office applications
- Must be willing to travel as required to meet essential responsibilities
- Highly effective negotiating skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business data and reports, as well as ability to write reports and professional business correspondence
- After hours or weekend work as required by customer demands and/or seasonality typical to transportation
- Ability to learn new software and computer systems
- Disciplined organizational and multi-tasking skills with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates the ability to connect with others on a personal level to create an openness and trust in the relationship whether with team members, customers or other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Minimum 3 years of 3PL experience, with significant focus on truckload, required
- Direct selling experience, required
This position has great income potential! Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!
AFS Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. AFS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at AFS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. AFS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. AFS encourages applicants of all ages.
BusinessView all jobs at AFS Logistics