AFC Urgent Care is looking to add another member to our already stellar team. We are looking to hire a Part-Time Medical assistant now with the ability to grow into a Full-Time position in the near future. You must be a CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT to apply to this job. You must be flexible with your schedule, which will include weekend days. Shifts are traditionally 12-hour shifts during the week and 9-hour shifts on the weekends. Our pay is competitive within the industry and is based largely on your previous work experience. A more formal description of the job is posted below. Please send us your resume and we will reach out to you to setup an interview.
Provides general nursing care to patients in outpatient clinic setting by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal.
• Explain prescribed procedures and treatments to patients.
• Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and examination of patient.
• Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
• Maintain awareness of comfort and needs of the patient.
• Properly start lab equipment daily; Perform maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
• Maintain daily log; document all requests and results of lab work accurately.
• Draw blood from patient’s finger, ear lobe, or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
• Perform laboratory tests according to written instructions.
• Perform daily quality control and cleaning procedures according to guidelines.
• Order and stock supplies weekly.
• Respond to all lab messages and call back requests; share responsibility of call back sheets.
• Utilize lab software, as well as any lab equipment according to the proper procedure and instruction.
• Collect specimen from the patient utilizing the approved equipment, sequence and procedure.
• Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions, and notify supervisor or physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
• Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
• Perform all drug screening procedures in accordance with established rules and regulations.
• Ensure patient immunizations are appropriate, well documented and administered using approved nursing techniques.
• Conduct physician referrals as well as service pre-certifications on an as needed basis.
• Document nursing history and physical assessment of patients.
• Rotate among various clinical services such as lab, nursing and x-ray.
• Prepare rooms; sterilize instruments, equipment, and supplies for procedures.
• Ensure work area is neat and clean, fully stocked and all laundry items have been laundered and put away.
• Manage difficult and emotional customer situations.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
• Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
• Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment.
• Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
• Respond to all patient messages; documenting conversations in electronic medical records system, assist with any patient discharging duties and share responsibility of call back sheets.
• Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands/Work Environment (optional)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.