Quality Assurance Manager at Food Facility
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION:
Seeking a detail-oriented food technician responsible for ensuring the Company to be compliant with both food quality and food safety under FDA Food Code.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform internal quality audits and compile detailed reports of findings
· Oversee all customer and regulatory audits including government, 3rd party, SQF Program along with compliance updates
· Work side-by-side with Operations Manager to assure compliance to HACCP/GMP and food safety requirements are met
· Work with line supervisors to identify and monitor quality benchmarks
· Ensures that safety and quality measures are implemented on time in accordance with regulations
· Leads and monitors food quality and departmental improvement projects as assigned
· Lead and execute any corrective action plans
· Acts as the primary liaison to federal, state and local regulatory agencies
· Stays attuned to and prepares adaptation to changes in customer, company and regulatory changes
· Identify potential risks before they become a problem, focusing on root cause analysis and preventive action
· Inspect products, processes, and metrics to find opportunities to improve quality
· Oversee quality technicians and perform technical duties on product quality as needed
· Refine and manage quality team through coaching, training, and implementing new regulatory requirements
· 4-5 years food production experience or at minimum College Degree with 3 years of relative industry experience
· Candidate should come with certifications: HACCP, PCQI, SQF
· 3 years experience of managing a team of 3 or more
· Industry knowledge of HACCP & GMP guidelines
· Ability to manage multiple production teams under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Proven leadership experience in a Team setting
· Computer skills: MS Office, Email, SAGE 300 ERP (or equivalent)
· Effective oral and written communication. Math and reading comprehension
· Excellent critical and analytical skills
· Bilingual a plus (English, Chinese, Spanish)
· Willingness to work holidays and weekends (if necessary)*
BENEFITS FOR FULL TIME CANDIDATES (post 90-day introductory period ):
· Group Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
· $75k+ depending on experience; annual bonus offered
WORK & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Job Type: Full-time Mon - Fri
· Office facility environment - Moderately quiet, counter top
· Production environment - P.P.E of ear plugs, hair/beard net, apron, smock, gloves, non-slip boots/shoes
AFC TRADING & WHOLESALE, INC.
AFC Trading & Wholesale, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of soy products made in the USA since 1975.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business, industry, and/or market changes.
AFC Soy Foods
4738 Valley BlvdLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh Food Quality Assurance Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.