New Construction Electrical Superintendent
AFC Electric Inc Bonita Springs, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position requires a strong knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, code, and blueprints. He/she must be a detailed individual who will ensure that work is being completed profitably and with accuracy, efficiency, and safety in mind. A successful superintendent is also comfortable communicating in a bi-lingual environment and able to develop favorable relationships with team members, customers, general contractors, and other trades. A candidate for this position will be a strong manager who can train and delegate effectively, is trustworthy, follows instruction, and possesses excellent time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of assigned projects from planning to final inspection and warranty
- Partner with the Project Manager to schedule and manage distribution of field labor team members across various job sites
- Supervise, motivate, coach, and train team members
- Maintain and approve weekly time sheets
- Request, allocate, and control usage of materials and tools on job sites and in Shop
- Communicate building status updates, changes, and requests for additional work regularly to Project Manager
- Layout and plan electrical installation activities to follow GC / CPM schedule
- Partner with Project Manager to maximize profitability on every job
- Ensure that all job site activities are conducted in compliance with safety regulations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MUST have experience in residential new construction
- Minimum of 2 years combined experience as an electrical superintendent, foreman, and/or estimator
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical school is desired
- Demonstrated history of leading teams
- Knowledge and fluency in engineered drawings
- OSHA 30 is a plus
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn, teach, and grow
- Can marshal resources to get things done, maximize profitability, and meet deadlines
- Has the functional knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Is able to clearly articulate change orders, issues, and modifications both verbally and in written form
- Trustworthy, honest, straightforward, and reliable
- Is flexible and resilient – able to shift gears, handle changes, and make decisions on a moment’s notice
If interested, apply via Zip Recruiter or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFC Electric IncWhy Work Here?
We have a long-standing history in the community and good relationships with our builders.
We are a Naples/Fort Myers-based electrical contractor located in Bonita Springs, FL. We primarily work on custom and production residential new-build jobs and are growing our service and commercial divisions. Our office team is a tight-knit team that enjoys working together and has fun while we work!
AddressBonita Springs, FL
ConstructionView all jobs at AFC Electric Inc