New Construction Electrical Project Manager
AFC Electric Inc Fort Myers, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A candidate for this position will have a strong working knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, generators, code, permitting, and blueprints. He/she will be trustworthy, confident in a fast-paced environment, and possess excellent management skills. The position requires a self-starting individual with the ability to handle and resolve complex issues in an efficient and respectful manner. You will be managing a team and be required to ensure that work is being completed profitably and with accuracy, efficiency, and safety in mind. A successful Project Manager is also comfortable communicating in a bi-lingual environment and able to develop favorable relationships with team members, customers, general contractors, and other trades.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maximize all aspects of job profitability, including materials, labor, and other direct costs to achieve projected margins
- Schedule and manage distribution of field labor team members across various job site
- Motivate, coach, and train team members
- Conduct daily phone calls with superintendents to follow up on timelines, goals, expectations, and productivity
- Visit job sites on a regular basis to troubleshoot issues and ensure that work is done properly
- Create bids, budgets, and schedule of values for jobs
- Estimate, submit, and track change orders
- Partner with the Controller to submit monthly billings
- Oversee ordering of materials and monitor/control usage
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MUST have experience in residential new construction
- Minimum of 4 years combined experience as an electrical project manager, estimator, and/or superintendent is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical school is desired
- Demonstrated history of project estimating
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge about electrical code, building requirements, and standards
- Knowledge and fluency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of ComputerEase or other construction-based management software is a plus
- OSHA 30 is a plus
- Must be able to handle pressure, difficult situations, and resolve conflict in a calm and professional manner
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and values positive working relationships with team members, clients, and trade partners
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn, teach, and grow
- Has the functional knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Is able to articulate change orders, issues, modifications, and contract clarification both verbally and in written form
- Trustworthy, honest, straightforward, and reliable
- Is flexible and resilient – able to shift gears, handle changes, and make decisions on a moment’s notice
If interested, apply via Zip Recruiter or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
AFC Electric IncWhy Work Here?
We have a long-standing history in the community and good relationships with our builders.
We are a Naples/Fort Myers-based electrical contractor located in Bonita Springs, FL. We primarily work on custom and production residential new-build jobs and are growing our service and commercial divisions. Our office team is a tight-knit team that enjoys working together and has fun while we work!
10550 Abernathy StFort Myers, FL
ConstructionView all jobs at AFC Electric Inc