AFB Manufacturing Garland, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you someone who has never held the title of “maintenance mechanic” but has the ability to diagnose and repair issues as they arise? Can you work with tools to repair machinery if properly trained? If so, please see below:
The Maintenance Mechanic diagnoses and repairs both facilities and production equipment in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner.
· Interface with production/warehouse supervision to effect safe repairs to equipment and that equipment is returned to operations in an acceptable condition.
· Performs regularly scheduled preventive maintenance, monthly safety checks.
· Makes repairs & modifications to equipment and facilities as scheduled.
· Responsible for completing all paperwork assigned and coordinating with the Supervisor to ensure data is correct and recorded.
· Most of our maintenance will consume 50% of a work week. Being flexible and willingness to take on other responsibilities will be required; Delivery/Pick-ups, Small manufacturing projects, etc. would fill the remaining portion of the work week.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Basic maintenance background is a plus, but not a must
· 1+ years of experience with electrical and mechanical systems in an industrial environment
· 1+ years of experience with tools, procedures and methods utilized in an industrial maintenance environment.
· Experience in electricity, power distribution, industrial electrical wiring, mechanics, machine operations, general plumbing, heating ventilation, air conditioning, boiler operations and air compressors.
· Experience with sheet metal equipment (Amada) Laser and press brakes.
· Ability to work under various conditions such as confined spaces, heat and in high places.
· Experience in pumps, welding, bearings, electrical safety, forklifts, gears, hydraulics.
AFB ManufacturingWhy Work Here?
Competitive benefits to include paid vacation, holidays & sick time, Health Insurance, 401K Hourly rate commensurate with experience
AFB Manufacturing is a growing 70+ year old family owned company with the energy of a 10 year old on adderal. AFB Manufacturing is an industry leader in our niche market, serving multi-billion dollar companies all over the world. Our specialty protects us from imports, so our team members have no job insecurity relating to offshore competition. We expanded our Garland Texas manufacturing facility and capacity with all new CNC fabrication equipment in 2016 and the only thing we need are people who care about the quality of their work, and want to learn and develop new skills as the need arises.