DC-9 Aircraft Mechanic
AEVEX Aerospace Colorado Springs, CO
- Expired: June 02, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position shall provide support as a DC-9 Subject Matter Expert. The candidate shall have 10-20 years of experience maintaining DC-9 aircraft. The candidate will work as an integral member of a modification team supporting engineers, program managers and technicians as required.
- Extensive airframe, powerplant and avionics experience maintaining and supporting DC-9 aircraft.
- Support production manager, operations manager, and technicians with subject matter expertise in the modification of DC-9 aircraft.
- Provide support to engineering design team.
- Support engineering design efforts through base knowledge of platform, production planning, pre mod flight testing and future production contract requirements.
- Support maintaining aircraft, engines, accessories, systems, supply chain management, mission planning systems and mission debriefing systems.
- Ensure the aircraft continues to conform to its United States Air Force (USAF) Airworthiness Military Type Certificate (MTC) and all other aspects of aircraft airworthiness.
- Support all scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance.
- Provide "on-aircraft" maintenance support that includes fault isolation, removal and replacement of faulty hardware, and verification of repairs from both the basic aircraft systems and modified equipment.
- Maintain aircraft log books and means data forms.
- Support ground operations, operational checks, preventive maintenance, inspections and aircraft servicing as listed in the manuals.
- FAA A&P licensed.
- Secret Government Security Clearance
About AEVEX Aerospace
AEVEX Aerospace, headquartered in Solana Beach, California, supports the U.S. national security mission and partner nation needs around the world by providing full-spectrum aviation, remote sensing, and analysis solutions. The company's capabilities include custom design and engineering; rapid prototyping; sensor integration and sustainment; aircraft modification and certification; flight test instrumentation and support; mission operations service; advanced intelligence data processing, exploitation, and dissemination solutions; and tailored hardware and software mission-system tools. AEVEX uses agile and customized approaches to rapidly define, develop, and deliver specialized solutions for airborne special mission needs for the U.S. Government, partner nations, and commercial businesses. AEVEX has major offices in California, Massachusetts, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
TravelView all jobs at AEVEX Aerospace