- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Stabilize, transport, and transfers patients by aircraft.
- Assess the extent of illness or injury to stabilize the patient and prioritize follow-on medical procedures.
- Provides advanced life support care to patients who are ill and/or injured.
- Replenishes the aircraft with medical supplies after flights.
- Provides health care services to patients under the direction and responsibility of a Physician Assistant, Physician, or Nurse Practitioner.
- Provides medical support as a flight medic during aero medical evacuations.
- Examines patients, performs physical exams.
- Documents and maintains patient records of services.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, management of infection, EKG's.
- Renders direct patient care, including assessing, diagnosing, planning, prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment of health problems, health promotion and preventative care.
- Applies scientific knowledge to human treatment responses to actual or potential health problems.
- Participates in employee training and orientation programs.
- Plans and prepares for aero medical evacuation, personnel recovery (PR), and causality evacuation (CASEVAC) missions.
- Coordinates with operational mission planners for the safe evacuation of the patients from the originating mission to the destination facility.
- Performs Flight Crew duties as a hoist operator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Security Clearance Required
- National Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic certification for United States citizen; certification must be current with all applicable education/recertification requirements completed.
- Basic Life Support BLS
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support ACLS
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support PHTLS
- Able to complete and pass a Class III Flying Duty Medical Examination
- Must be Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certified, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified, and Extrication Qualified.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- In-depth knowledge of security and life-saving medical procedures.
- Knowledge of advanced diagnosis and treatment of illnesses.
- Knowledgeable of body recovery procedures, wound repair, to include anesthesia, nerve blocks, and suturing with proper aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of general sick call procedures, radiological (basic) analysis, material inventory principles.
- Position requires OCONUS travel to perform duties and potentially work in austere locations.
- 5 year minimum SOF (Special Operations Forces) experienced required.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support ATLS
- Seven (7) or more years' experience in the medical field as a medic dealing with lifesaving procedures
- Working knowledge of Forward Operating Location sanitary requirements to maintain a healthy working environment
AEVEX provides a full suite of comprehensive benefits, including a 401(k)-retirement plan, comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance group coverage with a portion of the premiums paid by the company, professional development funds, and an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) with counseling, legal help, child and elder care support, among other benefits.
About AEVEX Aerospace
AEVEX Aerospace, headquartered in Solana Beach, California, supports the U.S. national security mission and partner nation needs around the world by providing full-spectrum aviation, remote sensing, and analysis solutions. The company's capabilities include custom design and engineering; rapid prototyping; sensor integration and sustainment; aircraft modification and certification; flight test instrumentation and support; mission operations service; advanced intelligence data processing, exploitation, and dissemination solutions; and tailored hardware and software mission-system tools. AEVEX uses agile and customized approaches to rapidly define, develop, and deliver specialized solutions for airborne special mission needs for the U.S. Government, partner nations, and commercial businesses. AEVEX has major offices in California, Massachusetts, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia.
AddressSan Diego, CA
GovernmentView all jobs at AEVEX Aerospace
Get fresh Aircraft Support Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!