At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The Senior accountant will assist on all fixed asset accounting activities for the Dayton Power & Light Company. They will need to consistently meet financial deadlines in a timely and accurate reporting manner. The work includes meeting the requirements of the month-end accounting close and the needs of the other functions and departments that rely upon information provided by fixed asset accounting team. The position requires successful relationships and interacts with other accounting and finance departments, operational departments, regulatory, tax, business development, human resources, legal, engineering and others by providing necessary and appropriate accounting services as it relates to property accounting and fixed assets accounting while ensuring compliance with AES Corporate and regulatory requirements.
- BS in Accounting
- Minimum of five years relevant accounting experience
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of professionalism
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with teams within the accounting and business operation areas
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Experience in a public utility environment
- Experience with fixed asset subledger accounting
- Knowledge of US Utility industry accounting practices and rate making principle
- In-depth knowledge of the FERC Uniform System of Accounts strongly preferred
- Experience in SAP ERP accounting system strongly preferred
- Utility industry specific Power Plan experience strongly preferred
- Experience with the month end accounting close process
- CPA preferred
Create an extraordinary future.
AES people raise the quality of life in communities around the world - from bringing electricity to rural communities in El Salvador for the first time, to engineering battery storage that makes a clean energy future possible. That's a 24/7 responsibility, so we work like a 10,500-person start-up - all in, full-on, in small, hyper-connected teams of people from different divisions, specialties and cultures.
We recognize and reward contribution from anyone, anywhere. The only limit to our influence and impact is our own commitment. We measure our careers by the difference we make to our communities, colleagues and families. So we care as much about how we act as what we do, at work and in life. We don't just work at AES. We work for AES. We are AES.
Global Opportunities: www.aes.com/careers