At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The Manager, Digital Media assists in the creation and implementation of the plans to effectively leverage digital channels to achieve specific business outcomes. The individual helps educate the organization on ways to use social media, newsletters, the corporate intranet, and the corporate website to achieve desired business outcomes. Reporting to the Global Communications Leader, the Manager, Digital Media is responsible for the creation of content and management of social media, newsletters, websites and intranets.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a fully integrated global digital strategy
- Develop and assist in providing training for communications team and business partners on incorporating social media tactics
- Creates content to maximize engagement on social media platforms, newsletters, corporate intranet, and corporate website including the use of blogs posts, videos, etc
- Facilitates content publication to respective channels
- Manages online presence and coordinates appropriate responses to comments, discussion forums, etc
- Promotes adoption of internal social media
- Synthesizes feedback and makes recommendations for future editorial content based on reach and engagement
- Develops regular reporting to illustrate key trends and performance
- Identifies and rolls out new social media tools and applications to increase audience reach and effectiveness
- Monitor and report key trends on digital channels
- Keep up to date with new and emerging digital platforms and make recommendations for potential use
- Engage with other Communications practice areas such as PR and Media, Brand Marketing, Internal Communications, Creative Services and Brand and Culture Development as needed
- Share best practices across the global Communications team
- BA or BS with 6 to 10 years of relevant experience
- In-depth understanding of the company's strategy and direction for the future
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Demonstrates initiative, problem-solving and organizational abilities, big picture thinker
- Strong project management, organizational, strategic planning, analytical, creative and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to be a global team leader and player
- Approach to work should be proactive, and very detailed-oriented
- Should also be able to effectively prioritize work and exercise mature judgment
- The qualified candidate must have excellent people and customer service skills; must enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment; must be comfortable managing and working under tight deadlines; have the ability to communicate effectively; be able to juggle multiple tasks at once; must be extremely flexible; be able to work individually and with teams; must proactively identify tasks; have a strive for excellence approach to their work, continually aiming to raise the bar; and possess a high level of professionalism.
Create an extraordinary future.
AES people raise the quality of life in communities around the world - from bringing electricity to rural communities in El Salvador for the first time, to engineering battery storage that makes a clean energy future possible. That's a 24/7 responsibility, so we work like a 10,500-person start-up - all in, full-on, in small, hyper-connected teams of people from different divisions, specialties and cultures.
We recognize and reward contribution from anyone, anywhere. The only limit to our influence and impact is our own commitment. We measure our careers by the difference we make to our communities, colleagues and families. So we care as much about how we act as what we do, at work and in life. We don't just work at AES. We work for AES. We are AES.
Global Opportunities: www.aes.com/careers