Fitness Equipment Technician
We are A.E.S. Fitness, the leading Fitness Equipment Service, Maintenance and Supply Company in NJ. We work across the tri-state area in gyms, sports clubs, medical institutions, corporate facilities, residential communities, hotels and private homes. We provide top quality service and maintenance on all brands of fitness equipment. The ideal candidate will be able to work individually as well as in sync with the company's goals and values of professionalism and exceeding customer expectations.
Travel to off site locations to perform repairs, delivery, installation, maintenance of fitness equipment to ensure top product performance. Diagnose problems with equipment, assesses the extent of the problem, make decisions to repair product, replace parts, or recommend replacements of product in a timely fashion.
Provide technical advice training and assistance to customers on the operation of products and applications.
Manage & maintain an inventory of parts with accurate records of parts used, exchanged etc. and communicate to Field Service Supervisor when replenishment parts are needed.
Maintaining accurate service records (i.e. collecting data for engineers, logging customer site visits, maintenance reports, installation reports, technical alert reports, time, materials reports, warranty/service contract work reports, etc.)
May provide technical support to less experienced technicians when unresolved complex equipment problems exist. May attend regional trade shows assisting trade show staff with setting up and maintaining equipment used for trade shows and demonstrations.
Perform other duties as required by management.
The ideal candidate must exhibit exceptional customer relations skills. They are responsible for meeting customer satisfaction measurements, minimizing average on-site response time, keeping open and accurate communication regarding parts and service delays, respecting customers, being polite and knowledgeable while having a positive attitude of going above and beyond is required for this position
- · Refurbishing or reconditioning used equipment for resale and preparing equipment for shipping.
$18.00 - $23.00 per hour
Paid holidays, Sick and Personal days and Vacation
Electronics Technician Degree from approved school or demonstrated work experience may substitute for education
• Up to 1 year professional experience as a Field Service Technician and or Warehouse Service Technician
• Electro-mechanical trouble shooting skills, experience in testing, calibrating and repairing electronic and mechanical parts. Demonstrated capability to analyze, evaluate, and diagnose complex equipment problems in a timely fashion.
• Valid Driver's License & clean driving record
• Computer proficiency using email, web browsing, and programs such as word processing
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to bend, lift, and carry in excess of 100lbs
• A professional appearance, demeanor and MOST IMPORTANTLY a CAN DO ATTITUDE
• Must live in NJ