The Construction Superintendent or Field Project Manager’s primary role and responsibility for the total project for installation of the AES Pharma System and turnkey projects. Field Project Managers maintain the project scope details daily, project safety requirements, Q/A plans daily, project schedule, interface with subcontractors, field requirements and handle all project change orders. Finalize all project closeout requirements, specifically punch lists and as-built documentation. The Field Project Manager reports directly to the Internal Project Managers. The Field Project Manager will coordinate all project efforts thru the Project Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
- Maintain all safety regulations on project site
- Field Project Manager reviews all project concerns with his supporting Project Coordinator on a daily basis for project scope
- Field Project Manager to ensure subcontractors perform and follow all details per their contract
- Confirm that all subcontractors and equipment/material installation task have a Q/A Plan and/or Commissioning Checklist
- Review and confirm all AES design drawings and confirm that the drawings are in compliance to the AES scope of work/contract
- Write up a daily report for project conditions every day and send to the project team. Review any problems that may have occurred and provide standing document in case of legal requirements or final review with the Owner
- Field Project Manager issues a detailed status letter weekly to client, AES Factory and all subcontractors involved with project to update current events and also project milestones that will be accomplished for each scope of work on the development of the project
- Identify and document non-conformance of design to support Lesson Learned meetings
- Follow all guidelines as documented in the Field Project Managers Manual. FPM is to be totally familiar with the project scope of work and the subcontractor’s scopes of work
- Work with the Internal PM/PC to maintain and manage all change orders for the project including change orders to the client, subcontractors, vendors and AES Atlanta. Change Order log will be updated weekly
- Develop and manage all RFIs with Project Coordinators and Internal Project Managers pertaining to all physical barriers that develop in the field/site that were not established in scope of work and/or drawings
- Maintain pre-construction workflow, project integration site duties, workflow and project close-out workflow activities as listed
- Other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws on the construction site. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, coordination, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems for all AES and AES/Unified employees on the job site.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Timely and reliable attendance is considered an essential job function.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management; or four to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Pharma Systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Database Software (Access); Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Contract Management Systems; Design Software; Project Management Software; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is required.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends.
- In-depth knowledge of project management processes and project execution best practices.
- Reads and interprets mechanical drawings as required.
- Requires overnight domestic and foreign travel regularly. Travel requirement will constitute 80% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.