Vegetation Management Inspector (VMI)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vegetation Management Inspector (VMI) Qualifications must fulfill the general requirements and at least one experience / education requirement below:
• High School diploma or GED AND
• Required to maintain a Class C driver’s license AND must meet one of the experience levels below:
Experience / education requirements (must meet one):
One (1) year of related arboricultural experience, OR
• ISA Certified Arborist, OR
• 2-year or 4-year college degree in a related field
• Spanish Speaking is a plus.
Performs a variety of vegetation management duties under the leadership of a supervisor, job duties are outlined below:
• Patrolling: perform circuit patrols in accordance with the annual VM plan, VM patrol standards and processes. identifying required tree work along the existing PG&E rights-of- way; prescribing tree work to be performed; document inspection done.
• Notifying property owners/agencies when tree work will occur and obtaining any necessary authorizations from the property owners/agencies to perform the tree work.
• May do work verification inspections of locations for tree work completion.
• Tree-Related Outages: May perform investigation and documentation of tree-related outages and attending outage meetings as requested. • Tag Work: When assigned perform tracking, field checking, prescribing of work, and notifying of customers associated with non-routine locations. These locations may come from Electric Corrective (EC/LC) notifications, Gas OCW notifications, Customer Care & Billing (CC&B) Cases, or as assigned. Close out CC&B cases in the field after fielding the case.
• Emergency Response: May support emergency response such as directed by OEC, or level one operations. Such as dispatching tree crews, field checking sites, first responder stand-by agreements.
• Primarily works independently as instructed by Supervisor.
• Supports oversight of vegetation projects, including field operations such as tree assessment, tree trimming, and other work as required.
• Supports the compliance with vegetation management program scope, contract adherence, and PG&E standards and specifications over the entire PG&E service territory.
• Participates in Contractor safety and tailboard meetings to ensure crews follow Company and regulatory (e.g. OSHA) safety, standards and work procedures. Vegetation Management Inspectors are authorized and expected to suspend Contractor work when necessary.
• Acts as a customer relations representative on behalf of PG&E.
• On site supports the coordination between Contractors, Communities, Agencies, First Responders, and all other PG&E workgroups & stakeholders that may be involved in the successful completion of the vegetation project.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations which may include, but are not limited to: Annual permits, Encroachment permits, Traffic Control Plans, railroad permits, Caltrans permits, and environmental protection measures as documented on Environmental Release to Construction.
• Proficient in electronic devices and documentation proficiency. As assigned, completes electronic and paper- based documentation and reporting. All VM Inspectors are required to complete the following training within the first year of employment:
• 911 Standby training
• Pre-Inspector Structure Learning Path (SLP
AERIWhy Work Here?
Mid size company with room for growth.
AERI is engaged in the safe and conscientious management, reduction and disposal of trees and vegetation.
ManufacturingView all jobs at AERI