- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
AEM (Advanced Environmental Monitoring) is the global leader in innovative mission critical weather, wildfire and water monitoring and intelligence solutions. We aim to be the world’s essential source for environmental insights – enabling decisive action and positive outcomes for our customers and their constituents. Our family of innovators offers world-class hydrometeorological technologies and services, including sensors, dataloggers, telemetry, and advanced analytics and software. Our technology and services empower the communities and organizations to survive – and thrive – in the face of escalating environmental risks.
This position leads and is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations for planning, system integration, configuration, testing and maintenance activities of the application engineering teams, at both local and remote facilities.
This role will report to the Director of Technical Services.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the application engineering team.
- Manage and balance the application engineering team workload.
- Recruit, hire and oversee the scheduling and training of new application engineering team personnel, including full-time employees and sub-subcontractors.
- Complete performance reviews for each member of the application engineering team.
- Provide technical leadership on integration and application development projects.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Keep current with technological changes and understand emerging technologies related to customer needs.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers, provide equipment and system recommendations, and ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the commercial teams as required to plan or resolve project or sales order issues.
- Coordinate with the project management team to achieve project deliverables.
- Apply data integrity standards to ensure that timely entry, accuracy, and consistency of data is used in any system, or digital tool that stores, processes, or retrieves data.
- Oversee the integration of new sensors and technology into existing systems.
- Determine application engineering performance standards and metrics.
- Ensure that all application engineering documentation is accurately maintained to reflect current project status.
- Ensure defined business standard operating practices and procedures are followed within the application engineering team.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or an applicable equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
- 5+ years of application engineering experience.
- 3+ years of team leadership and/or management experience.
- Strong project management, customer service operations, technical service operations, and fiscal management skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading an application engineering team of similar size.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively with engineers, project managers and product managers, while building trust, credibility, and mutual success across teams.
- Experience coaching and mentoring direct reports.
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving ability and sound judgement.
- Strong process and procedure design and management skills.
- Experience with product development lifecycle processes.
- Ability to determine root causes of operating errors and creation and implementation of action plans.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of remote data collection systems.
- Related experience with cameras, networking, point-to-point telemetry, cloud software and mobile applications.
- Extensive knowledge of telemetry systems, telemetry network design, RF path analysis and design, satellite communications and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of protocol analyzing tools.
- Ability to generate and adapt equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Experience conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Knowledge of sensor and datalogger technology.
- Experience with GIS mapping software and tools.
- Understanding of datalogger coding methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ERP software systems, preferably NetSuite and/or Salesforce.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
- This is an on-site opportunity that will be located in Longmont, CO.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
US Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability & 401k match of up to 3%.
Compensation Range: $70,000-$95,000/year
AEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.