Hydrometeorologist (Entry Level)
- $40,000 to $75,000 Yearly
AEM (Advanced Environmental Monitoring) is the global leader in innovative mission critical weather, wildfire and water monitoring and intelligence solutions. We aim to be the world’s essential source for environmental insights – enabling decisive action and positive outcomes for our customers and their constituents. Our family of innovators offers world-class hydrometeorological technologies and services, including sensors, dataloggers, telemetry, and advanced analytics and software. Our technology and services empower the communities and organizations to survive – and thrive – in the face of escalating environmental risks.
As a hydrometeorologist, you will work with rainfall data from weather radars and rain gauges to create archive-quality data sets that are used by our mission-critical agencies across the country. Work includes quality controlling all data sets and utilizing internal tools to create gridded rainfall estimations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports/corrects errors immediately
- Rain gauge and radar data QAQC
- Data delivery
- GARR reporting
- Z-R adjustments
- Timely arrival and time tracking
- Recalls training and directions
- Self-driven professional development
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team
- Ability to analyze data and process information
Credentials and Experience:
- Degree in Meteorology or related field
- Previous Radar and GIS experience
- Proficient with Windows and Excel
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time. Work may involve bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, and climbing stairs. Occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs. may be required
Compensation range: $40,000 - $75,000, depending upon experience
US benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability & 401k match of up to 3%.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
AEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.