Life Skills Instructor: Weekend Evening Shift
AEDD Little Rock, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Schedule:3:00pm - 11:00pm Sat & Sun (part time)
Community Life Services has an immediate opening for a part time Life Skills Instructor working with persons with Developmental Disabilities. CNA preferred, but not required. Immediate hire requires current TB health card and avalid AR driver's license. Criminal background checks and drug screens will be conducted. EOE/M/F
Job Summary: Responsible for providing direct care services to the consumers of Community Life Services, in regards to household maintenance, assist in meal preparation, and all programming instructions to the consumers under the direct supervision of the QMRP/Director and Program Coordinator. Monitors consumer performance on household maintenance objectives, meal preparation objectives, and all other programming as pertinent to the individual IPP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides housekeeping services according to the ICF/MR regulations in addition to assisting the consumer(s) in completing laundry.
- Manages consumer(s) inappropriate behaviors in a professional manner and demonstrates the necessary skills and techniques to intervene effectively.
- Responsible for all kitchen sanitation needs.
- Assists consumers in all meal preparations while following the recommended menus, as stated in terms of meal preparation. Assists in ensuring special diets are adhered to. Serves consumers, visitors, and staff in a family style atmosphere that meets the nutritional needs as defined by the qualified consultant dietitian.
- Adheres to ICF/MR regulations, as related to the kitchen area, including wearing hair nets and gloves; assist in proper food storage according to ICF/MR regulations.
- Assists with consumer hygiene and grooming, as necessary.
- Reads entries in Goal Data Book on a daily basis and will chart entries daily at the end of the shift
- Provides and assist in instructional training and supervision to consumers in the home and community settings
- Provides and assist in carrying out planned leisure activities.
- Completes all necessary forms, including but not limited to: Marks Report, Behavior Incident Report, Night Monitoring Sheets, etc. and informs appropriate supervisor of any significant events.
- Responsible for consumers' well-being, emotional changes, behavior concerns, and safety. Will report any significant events to the QMRP.
- Works in a professional capacity conveying the philosophy of CLS while on site or in the community.
- Transports consumer(s) as needed
- Assist shift supervisor with other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of six months previous experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CPR/First Aid, TB Skin Test, and Arkansas Driver's License.
Safety Sensitive Position: This is a safety sensitive position as it involves operating a motor vehicle as part of the job duties and a lapse of attention could result in injury, illness, or death to the consumers being transported. See Ark. Const. Amend. 98 2(25). All positions classified as safety must refrain from reporting to work or being subject to duty while their ability to perform job duties is impaired due to the use of alcohol or other drugs. All positions classified as safety sensitive are prohibited from testing positive for metabolites of substances that are listed in the schedules of the Federal Controlled Substances Act and the Arkansas Uniform Controlled Substances Act, regardless of whether the employee possesses a medical marijuana registry identification card. See id. at 3(f)(3)(B)(iii). This policy applies during all work hours, whenever conducting business for AEDD.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro