United States of America - California, Los Angeles
The Program Management/Construction Management (PM/CM) business line specializes in the management of design and construction of community infrastructure facilities for education, healthcare, national governments, sports and leisure, justice, cultural venues, and commercial needs. From concept through completion, we provide necessary technical and administrative services to help our clients meet their program objectives. Our professionals serve as an extension of our clients' staff, protecting their interests as our own, and often working within our clients' offices. As an industry leader in PM/CM, we oversee activities ranging from planning, coordination, scheduling and cost control, to design, construction and commissioning.
AECOM is actively seeking a talented Site Assessment Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to...
- Reviews and coordinates work conducted by environmental site assessment Master Services Agreement (MSA) contractors in the areas of:
- Initial screening of proposed school sites/existing school modernization
- Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessment
- Soils Disposition Evaluation (Compliance with Specification 01440)
- Compliance with South Coast Air Quality Management (SCAQMD) Rule 1466
- Health/Safety Risk Assessment
- Remedial Investigation / Feasibility Study
- Public Participation Plan
- Preparation and implementation of Removal Action Workplans / Remedial Action Plans
- Lead paint, mold and asbestos survey and mitigation
- Conducts polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) investigation activities at various schools in support of Facilities Services Division (FSD) projects:
- PCB Phase I and II investigations
- PCB Waste Manifesting
- PCB Waste Tracking and Disposal Facility Requirements
- PCB Recordkeeping and Reporting
- PCB Spill Response and Notification Requirements and PCB Storage Requirements
- Provide oversight during mitigation and disposal activities
- Liaisons with FSD counterpart
- Assists in contract development and oversight of remediation contractors
- Establishes and maintains project budgets and schedules pertaining to environmental investigations and remediation efforts
- Provides technical advice to Office of Environmental Health & Safety (OEHS) Management in terms of oversight of environmental site assessment contractors as well as contractor budget and schedule control
- Prepares and coordinates the environmental review process for individual projects with the Facilities Services Division ("Facilities") requirements for:
- Project scheduling
- Land acquisition
- School design and construction
- Emergency response
- Waste disposal
- Bachelor's degree plus four (4) years of related experience in management of environmental investigations and remediation conducted under the direction of the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) or comparable regulatory agency.
- Ten (10) years full time paid experience in management of environmental investigations and remediation conducted under the direction of the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) or comparable regulatory agency.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Geology, Engineering or related field
- Site investigation and remedial strategies; federal, state and local environmental regulations; Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) and South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) protocols.
- CA Professional Registration
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line PMCM
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 228463BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.