Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager
- Posted: 5 days ago
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.Job Description
AECOM is seeking a Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager for immediate employment at our office in Honolulu, Hawaii. This exciting position includes providing project-level leadership and technical expertise for a broad range of multidisciplinary projects, including facility and community plans, military installation plans (ADP, IDP), special planning studies, permitting, and state and Federal environmental compliance processes (NEPA, HEPA).
We are looking for someone to join our team that has a strong interest in developing and delivering high quality and innovative planning documents, as well as leading projects in a fast-paced and collaborative multidisciplinary team environment. Experience working in Hawaii preferred.
- Providing NEPA and permitting oversight, authority, and accountability for projects.
- Serving as a Project Manager on different size projects, including financial management and reporting, subconsultant oversight, and technical staff management.
- Overseeing multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring quality standards on project deliverables.
- Responding to a variety of ongoing requests to support projects under our existing contracts, including refining task needs, scoping and costing tasks, and identifying and assigning staff.
- Engaging in business development activities and pursuits.
- Prepare effective technical proposals and take an active role in the development of new business with new and existing clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Providing leadership in mentoring personnel, including reviewing their work for accuracy and clarity and providing constructive feedback.
- Participating in professional associations/events relevant to the industry.
About AECOM’s Environment Business Line:
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM’s Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Environmental Planning or related field, or Bachelor's Degree and demonstrated equivalent work experience in environmental field.
- 6+ years of experience in NEPA document preparation and related technical studies.
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Environmental, Urban and/or Regional Planning or a related discipline
- Experience with Hawaii planning projects
- 10+ years of experience in NEPA document preparation and business development for environmental planning projects.
- At least 3 years relevant Project Management experience
- Experience with environmental compliance, permitting, and agency consultations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to effectively manage tasks and interact with teams of staff, subconsultants, and clients.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of competence and experience in working with teams, clients, and subcontractors.
- Exceptional detail orientation and attention to quality
- Led or worked on major NEPA efforts (EISs), with a demonstrated proficiency in applying NEPA to projects.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of software applications.
- Proficiency using ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
TechnologyView all jobs at AECOM
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?