United States of America - Washington, Richland
Alternate Locations US - Aiken, SC (PS) - 2131 S Centennial Drive
AECOM is seeking a Safety Basis/Technical Services Engineer 3 to be based in our Richland, WA or Aiken, SC locations. Sandia, NM and Los Alamos, NM are possible locations. Perform a variety of engineering assignments involving engineering calculations to support safety basis development, and planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operations, and maintenance of nuclear related systems and generally as a member of a design, analysis, or review team.
1. Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks independently.
2. Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews.
3. Generate complete design specifications for more complex projects.
4. May provide training to less experienced engineers.
5. Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
6. Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
7. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
8. Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
9. Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
10. Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
11. Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
12. Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and background.
- Relocation benefits are available for this position.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering or sciences discipline from a four-year accredited college or university. Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Nuclear Engineering degrees are preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years job-related experience, post-graduation, in an engineering setting.
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a DOE Q clearance and access to Commercial Nuclear Facilities.
- Candidate must be able to travel on business as needed.
- Dual Citizenship will not be accepted for this position.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience at a Nuclear or DOE Facility.
- A minimum of 2 years Experience/Knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
2. Fire Protection/Fire Safety - Experience in the preparation of written fire protection analyses that include one of the following topics: Fire Hazard Analyses, fire modeling, or performance-based design.
3. Accident Analysis - Experience in using concepts from DOE-HDBK-3010-94 or NUREG/CR-6410 in the development of accident analysis related calculations in complex nuclear environments. Experience in completing dose consequences to onsite and offsite individuals for chemical and radiological releases resulting from flammability issues, spray releases, spills, boiling, explosions, and crushing events is desired.
4. Emergency Management - Experience in emergency planning or preparedness in either the nuclear (NRC / DOE / FEMA-REP regulations) or chemical (EPA / OSHA regulations) industry. Experience in one or more of the following is desired: hazards identification & screening, accident analysis, consequence assessment, drill & exercise.
5. Criticality Safety - Experience in preparing Criticality Safety Evaluations/Analysis reports or experience using criticality safety analysis computer codes (eg., SCALE or MCNP) with an
6. understanding of criticality safety related Department of Energy orders and standards, NRC regulatory guides, and ANSI/ANS-8 criticality safety national consensus standards.
7. Technical Specifications - Experience in the development or implementation of NRC Technical Specifications or the DOE Technical Safety Requirements. Requires a working knowledge of the DOE Orders and Standards.
8. Regulatory Programs - Experience in performing day to day support of the facility operations with respect to the safety basis documentation in compliance with DOE and federal regulations along with performing and reviewing Unreviewed Safety Questions. Assist in safety basis implementation activities such as procedure review, implementation planning, and assessments.
9. Regulation Analysis/Licensing Documentation - Experience in the development, preparation, submission, and defense of licensing documentation for both NRC and DOE facilities. This will include the revision, updating, or amending existing regulatory documents, license applications, and supporting documents.
10. Cognizant System Engineer - Responsible for maintaining overall cognizance of assigned systems, providing systems engineering support for operations and maintenance, and technical support of line management safety responsibilities for ensuring continued system operational readiness.
11. Risk Analysis- Capable of developing, documenting and defending probabilistic risk analyses in nuclear industry environments. This includes familiarity with the DOE and/or NRC commercial, or related chemical process industry sector nuclear risk analysis guidance documents and standards. Risk analysis capabilities should include one or more of the following: fault tree analysis, event tree analysis, probabilistic risk assessment (PRA), probabilistic human and equipment reliability assessments, and project risk assessments. The successful candidate should have familiarity with current software in this field (CAFTA, SAPHIRE, etc.)
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 229856BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.