United States of America - Virginia, Suffolk
AECOM is seeking Mobile Training Team (MTT) Spectrum Management (SM) Support for the Naval Information Warfighting Development Center (NIWDC). The MTT SM Subject Matter Expert (SME) will support the NIWDC's mission by providing SM expertise, assistance, management support functions, and training involving real time support to operational forces deployed worldwide through the establishment of an Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (EMSO) MTT.
This support shall also include assisting NIWDC with development of specialized SM activities to develop and train an EMSO related workforce (Afloat/Ashore) that begins at the unit level and extends through Strike Group (SG) level of organization. MTT SM SMEs will provide operational support to Carrier Strike Group (CSG) staffs, Numbered Fleet Commanders (NFCs), and Combatant Commanders (CCDRs) supporting real world contingencies, planning requirements, day-to-day presence operations and Navy/Joint exercises. They will conduct training and tactical level warfighting effectiveness DOTMLPF assessments to identify and mitigate capability gaps, and support innovative solution development across all platforms (afloat and shore) for the Information Warfare (IW) mission areas.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Professional development of EMSO Cadre for Electromagnetic Maneuver Warfare (EMW) Concepts.
- Installation Spectrum Manager training.
- EMSO Training and Readiness Assist Visits (RAV) for all surface and subsurface units.
- Strike Group Staff training (DESRON, ARG, CSG and MOC).
- Training for Afloat/Ashore commands (ATG, CSCS, CSG 4/15, MOC, IWTGU, WDCs and NMCS offices).
- SME support for curriculum and instructor standardization for NETC.
- Development of Fleet Experimentation (FLEX) initiatives and advocating for EMSO related events hosted by NWDC.
- TTP research and development for emerging tactics identified through FLEX events across the IW communities.
- Training for IFF and UAS usage requests submission procedures.
- Ten years of experience working within Spectrum Management.
- Graduate of the Inter-service Radio Frequency Management School (IRFMS) or The Army Spectrum Management Course.
- Two plus years' work experience in the SM related duties described above. Ability to provide SM support to NMSC, COCOM's and liaise with NMCSOs worldwide.
- Demonstrated understanding of competing uses of spectrum (friendly/neutral/hostile) in various battle spaces across war fighting domains, and ability to assist NMSC in determining interoperability/compatibility technical and/or TTP solutions.
- Requires SECRET clearance
- Must be US Citizen
- Prior designation as Navy Master Training Specialist or other Service equivalent.
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience in implementing new learning techniques and technologies, and a willingness to seize new opportunities for enhancing learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in management of Navy or other Service operational unit level On the Job Training (OJT) programs.
- Operational experience as a Strike Group Frequency Manager or in a senior communications billet afloat using the Afloat Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations Program (AESOP).
- A graduation certificate from the Joint Task Force Spectrum Managers Course or Joint experience relating to RF spectrum management.
- Experience working in a Navy regional spectrum office (or Federal/DoD equivalent) that directly processes spectrum assignment actions for adjudication by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA).
- Experience working with AESOP and other spectrum management tools to include Spectrum XXI (SXXI), Joint Automated CEOI System (JACS), and Spectrum Planning Engineering and Evaluation Device (SPEED).
- Experience in coordinating and obtaining electronic attack (EA), GPS EA, Chaff authorizations.
- Experience in coordinating and obtaining frequency assignments for radar/next generation radar and experimental/operational IFF systems.
- TOP SECRET/SCI clearance preferred.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 222866BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.