United States of America - Maryland, Annapolis Junction
This position will provide an opportunity to obtain a US government security clearance. Applicants must be US Citizens.
AECOM has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to support our program in Annapolis Junction, MD. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the clients mechanical baseline and capacity reports at numerous facilities, to include but not limited to: content, documents for review, site work, calculation methodologies, and baseline expansion. Gather and review all available Energy Management Control System (EMCS) information regarding historic loading (on chiller plants, compressors, cooling towers, pumps, etc.) and corresponding outside air conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.), in order to generate a building load or room load and cross-verify/validate field measurements. Install and maintain temporary metering at facilities or any/all locations that are not tracked in EMCS. Use gathered details to determine facility capacities, shortfalls, and concerns. Assist with coordinating and scheduling surveys, inspections, and walkthroughs of the existing mechanical systems. Responsible for all aspects of the Mechanical Engineering Review process including; recommendations, field survey information, engineering conclusions, calculation objectives, assumptions/open items/limitations, existing conditions, new load details, computer room air conditioning (CRAC) summary data, and EMCS summary data sheets. Review and provide QA/QC on all Mechanical Reports. Provide current and historical mechanical infrastructure knowledge to client engineers and construction teams. Work with the client to gather and analyze critical information and review engineering plans. Analyze and provide the client feedback regarding the operation and condition of mechanical chilled water plants along with any other infrastructure equipment upon request. Remain familiar with all client standards and relevant changes.
- Prepare, deliver, and submit technical reports and presentations for a large-scale, continuing mechanical and electrical infrastructure load analysis project.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related scientific field, with 5 years of related experience.
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills; strong knowledge of computer systems with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience with mechanical load analysis or HVAC system design.
- Proficient knowledge of facilities HVAC and industrial / precision cooling systems
- Familiarity with interpreting building codes, ASHRAE specifications, and construction design drawings
- Strong people skills including experience communicating directly with client personnel.
- Demonstrated technical writing capabilities.
- Position may require travel.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI w/poly is preferred.
- Prior field data collection and analysis skills with emphasis on temperature and flow measurements is preferred.
- E.I.T. certification is preferred.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 225261BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.