United States of America - South Carolina, Greenville
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Geologist for employment in the Greenville, SC office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
Under the responsible charge of qualified professionals, the responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with collecting and evaluating geological, hydrogeological, and remediation system data in both field and office settings
- Environmental fieldwork including drilling, well installation, aquifer testing, as well as collecting soil, groundwater, and remediation system data
- Preparation and implementation of work plans, cost estimates, data compilation/analysis, and report preparation (text, tables, figures, and calculations)
- Perform independent hands-on fieldwork, oversee contractors (laboratory, drillers, surveyors), and other field personnel, and interact with clients/client representatives
- Utilize basic scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope
- Participate in and support discussions with regulatory personnel
- Participate in and support business development activities, including proposals
- Ability to work independently or on a diverse team
- Willingness to learn and commitment to workplace health and safety, and quality
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Collects and enters data, and applies technical principles and theories.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Entry-level position; may not require previous experience.
- Must be willing to travel to various job sites; up to 50% travel
- BA/BS + None or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Due to the nature of the work that this team is involved in, U.S. citizenship is required
- Bachelor's degree in geology, hydrogeology, environmental science, environmental engineering or other related field
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain
- OSHA 8-hour HAZWOPER Supervisor certification
- Project experience working with state and federal agencies, including Department of Defense and USEPA, state and local, and private sector clients
- Experience in ArcGIS, AutoCAD, RockWorks and/or Surfer
- Groundwater modeling
- Participation in professional organization(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 228214BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.