United States of America - New York, New York
Alternate Locations US - Arlington, VA, US - San Francisco, CA
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented entry level landscape designers, urban designers, and urban planners for immediate employment in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Arlington Urbanism + Planning Studios.
Our award-winning Urbanism + Planning team addresses the considerable challenges of our modern world through integrated design. We bring together the broad platform of AECOM to create solutions that synthesize infrastructure and place, systems and people, as well as culture and location. Our portfolio illustrates how design can impact communities and cities grappling with crucial issues such as climate change and resilience; urbanization and hyper-growth; aging and outmoded infrastructure; cultural preservation and growth; and depleting natural resources. Join our team of landscape architects, urban designers, urban planners, analysts, economists and climate experts - we're looking for entrepreneurial and creative leaders committed to excellence and making an impact through projects that truly make a difference.
AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform technical design & planning work of studio
- Prepare hand and computer drawings
- Project support and coordination
- Participate in client and agency meetings
- Accredited Degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Planning, or Architecture
- Demonstrated production experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Rhino
- Experience on design development
- Experience in Microstation, Grasshopper, Revit, ArcGIS, and other computer applications is highly desired
- Strong knowledge/interest in plant materials
- Experience preparing construction documents
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills (English) are necessary
- Ability to effectively manage time and self-edit work
- Proficiency and passion for creating compelling open space design, with an ability to develop the work through the technical design phases
- Team player with the ability to collaborate as part of a diverse studio team
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Architecture and Design
Business Line Buildings & Places
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 236091BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.