Medical Waste Truck Driver
- $22 to $30 Hourly
Medical Waste Driver
- Drive a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds.
- Manage all operations activities related to providing supply deliveries, regulated medical waste and recycling services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews work orders, route sheets, customer requests and records type and scope of service to be performed.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain logs of working hours, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons to transport and deliver supplies, waste, or other materials.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods or collected waste
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
- Remove debris from loaded trailers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 3 years related job experience REQUIRED
- CDL A License: Valid state driver's license and clean driving record
- Hazmat endorsement within 3 months
- Clean Federal Background Check
- US DOT Physical
- Government Fingerprinting
- Ability to actively engage in conversations with clients
- Attention to detail
- Meets challenges resourcefully
- Exhibits patience and persistence in the face of obstacles
- Gathers and analyzes data skillfully
- Adapts very well to change and inconsistency in the workplace
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Complex Problem Solving
- Service Orientation
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Operation Monitoring
- Equipment Maintenance
· Full Healthcare & dental coverage after 30 days. 401K available after 1 year of employment
· Job Type: Full-time
· Pay: $22.00 - $30.00 per hour
We are a woman owned small business with a successful history in waste and compliance services. Advant- EDGE Solutions of the Middle Atlantic Inc.’s policies, procedures and training are extensive. They are designed to meet or exceed compliance at every level of our operation. We focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations while maintaining a level of absolute compliance.
ADVANT-EDGE SOLUTIONS OF MIDDLE ATL
17 Shea Way NewarkNewark, DE
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.