In this role you will provide on-site maintenance for Commercial Burglar and Basic Fire Alarm Systems, Basic Card Access Systems, and Advanced Analog CCTV Systems.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Commercial Service Technician II may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Perform routing and emergency service calls as set forth by the branch manager.
- Troubleshoots and identifies malfunctioning or inoperative equipment on alarm systems by using electronic testing equipment.
- Coordinates inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies.
- Provides documentation of service and hours worked.
- Provides documentation and completes reports of inventory and vehicle usage.
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance, as needed on existing alarm systems.
- Determines backup components to be maintained in stock.
- Trains new users in operation of alarm system equipment.
- Must be able to drive company vehicle to perform duties.
- Maintain good driving record.
- Comply with Protection One’s vehicle policy.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic electronics and Ohms law.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Knowledge of Basic IP Networks.
- Knowledge of Burglar Alarm Systems.
- Knowledge of Basic Fire Sprinkler Systems and Fire Alarm Devices.
- Knowledge of Basic CCTV Systems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years related experience and/or training.
- Some related prior experience in military, electrical, electronic, or construction field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with various alarm systems and their operation or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
- Must be able to pass a company-administered exam to demonstrate proficiency.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be able to hold applicable and state and local licenses where required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Highly preferred current Fire Life Safety Card or Nicet level 2 or C-10 license
Great benefits include: competitive pay, company vehicle, gas, insurance, matching 401K, PTO and so much more!