ADT is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs more than 18,000 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Under the supervision of the Commercial Installations Manager, the incumbent will handle dispatching and follow up for commercial installations and also will perform administrative follow up necessary to close and invoice installation work orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take calls from employees and subcontractors involved in installation work
- Assign commercial installation work to installers and contractors on the basis of their availability and skills
- Confirm equipment availability with the warehouse and external suppliers
- Confirm appointments with customers
- Schedule appointments and enter related information in the scheduling and monitoring system(s)
- Work collaboratively with sales reps to meet customer installation dates
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Provide support to contractors when questions and problems arise during installations
- Forward work orders to the warehouse for preparation of needed equipment
- Schedule contractor availability on a weekly basis and update scheduling system as required
- Follow up on pending installations and record their status in the scheduling system with updated comments and explanations
- Update customers on pending installation dates
- Close installation work orders in order to proceed with invoicing
- Conduct necessary follow up for work orders that include parts discrepancies or back orders
- Perform other tasks related to the position as requested by the immediate supervisor
- Work closely with team manager to coordinate and improve compliance to EHS procedures and policies
- High School Diploma required. Community College in Business Administration or related discipline is an asset
- Work experience in the alarm industry is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical knowledge of security equipment is an asset
- Strong customer service focus
- Articulated, diplomatic and professional
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organize and manage priorities
- Effective organizational skills
- Team player
- Flexibility to change
ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in accordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.