- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
Adsys Controls develops solutions for precision control systems, advanced optical perception systems, high energy lasers, test system modeling & simulation, and unmanned aerial systems for military and commercial markets.
Job Summary –
Candidate will conceptualize, design, analyze, test and validate opto-mechanical structures and mechanisms for high-energy laser and complex multi-spectral imaging systems used in challenging dynamic environments.
Responsible for product development process including requirements development, analysis, design, documentation, supplier management, manufacturing, and validation. Perform hands-on assembly, integration, and qualification of in-house designs.
Operates independently with minimal direct supervision in area of expertise in a fast-paced and highly technical environment. Works collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams on multiple concurrent, cross-functional projects.
Candidate must be a high energy self-starter with strong desire to bring success to assigned projects and other opportunities necessary to realize company growth.
Required Skills/Experience –
· BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related STEM field from an accredited university with 5+ years relevant experience (MS Preferred)
· Experience designing and integrating complex electro-mechanical and optical systems with challenging packaging constraints
· Proficiency with SolidWorks CAD for mechanical design and analysis
· Strong understanding of systems engineering including requirements generation, flowdown, and validation
· Proficiency in design documentation for prototypes and production products
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Proficiency in working both autonomously or within a team environment
Desired Skills/Experience –
- Experience in structural, dynamic (modal, shock/vibration), and thermal analysis
Experience on DoD programs and related processes and requirements
· Experience with MIL-STD-810 or DO-160 requirements and associated testing
· Experience as a project lead with responsibility over technical direction, project planning, and project execution for a small team
· Functional management experience performing technical mentorship, performance assessment, goal setting, and related developmental leadership activities
· Experience with various materials (metal alloys, glass, and plastics) and the related manufacturing processes for material selection to meet program requirements
· Proficiency in Matlab and/or Python for data reduction and analysis
· Experience with structural analysis tools including ANSYS, NASTRAN, and/or FEMAP
· Experience with complex (multi-element) optics and opto-mechanical design
Adsys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
ADSYS CONTROLS INC
We provide products and services for electro-optical systems, directed energy, unmanned aerial systems, and test systems within military and commercial markets. We deliver solutions leveraging precision control systems, image processing, GN&C, electronics design, modeling & simulation and embedded real time software. From High Energy Laser weapons, to visual perception modules, to threat warning systems to aircraft autopilots, Adsys Controls provides state of the art solutions for sensing, controls and autonomy.
ManufacturingView all jobs at ADSYS CONTROLS INC