Full Time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Legal Field
ADR Services, Inc. San Jose, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Downtown San Jose - WILL NOT BE WORKING REMOTELY.
Full time: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ADR Services, Inc. is a private alternative dispute resolution provider firm that administers and schedules mediations, arbitrations, and private trials for retired judges and attorneys throughout California. We are headquartered in Los Angeles, but also have offices in Orange County, San Diego, Oakland, San Jose and San Francisco. As a recognized leader in the dispute resolution field, ADR Services, Inc. has a tradition of enlisting the industry's finest mediators and arbitrators, and for providing premier customer service to our clients.
As a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, you will be the ‘face of our firm’ when clients visit. This is a very fast-paced, energetic environment that provides no ‘down-time’. You must be able to thrive in a high stress, quick, and service-oriented environment. It will be your responsibility to provide the best possible customer service to our clients, and to make the office look as pristine and inviting as possible. Additionally, as part of your Administrative Assistant responsibilities, you must also be available for any other projects or assignments designated by the manager, and assist the Case Managers in their core administrative duties. Basic duties include (but are not limited to):
- Handling a bustling front desk: Greeting clients, assisting them to their meeting/conference rooms, and answering preliminary questions concerning the office; must be on hand to receive clients, guests and deliveries
- Handle a high volume of incoming phone calls on multiple lines
- Oversee conference room calendar; assist with video, laptop and projection set-up
- Must keep office in peak condition with general upkeep duties, such as preparing coffee frequently, setting up conference rooms daily, keeping the office and kitchen tidy and presentable at all times, and removing used glasses, mugs and pitchers from meeting rooms every evening, and watering plants on a weekly basis
- Lunch catering, including ordering, setting out lunch and cleaning up after, setting out snacks and beverages, making fresh baked cookies every day
- Make confirmation calls for cases taking place the following day, as well as checking on and communicate payment status to clients
- Work closely with ADR Services, Inc.’s Case Managers to manage and discuss all case issues, and provide excellent support in administering their files.
- Assist Case Managers in drafting and distributing hearing notices and billing statements.
- Assist Case Managers in performing and drafting conflict checks.
- Mail processing: Collecting, distributing, and processing mail, with attention to detail and deadlines
- Vendor management: Own communication and coordination with 3rd-party vendors supporting the office
- Strive to continuously improve the office space and make it a pleasant environment for the clients and employees
- Monitor the use of all office supplies and equipment, keep track of all inventory, order supplies on a weekly basis
- Assist with minor computer and phone network issues
- Filing of documents and files that need to be filed on a daily basis
- Maintain and update client database.
- Data entry and use of Excel
- Provide excellent customer service, exude very helpful and energetic qualities
- General administrative assistance to office staff which may include special projects, product sourcing, shopping, running errands, etc. Support VP and other staff on ad hoc projects.
- Take ownership of additional responsibilities as assigned
In this highly visible role, you will act as the first point of contact for clients, vendors, and guests as well as a go-to resource for internal staff and management. You will work to streamline daily front office operations in addition to providing heavy administrative support.
Your eagerness to wear multiple hats and jump in wherever needed will be key to your success in this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must and at least 1-2 years’ experience as a receptionist/office manager in a professional office environment is required.
- Previous experience as a legal assistance, paralegal, administrative assistant, office manager and/or executive assistant highly preferred.
- Customer service experience in retail, restaurant, hospitality, or comparable industry is highly preferred. This is a highly service-oriented position.
- Excellent at problem solving skills: is able to deconstruct issues carefully and take decisive action when needed
- Detail oriented, process-driven and must follow-through on all tasks and assignments
- Must have a positive attitude, be energetic/enthusiastic, outgoing, tidy, organized, reliable, flexible, self-motivated, patient, and possess exceedingly strong customer service skills
- Must be customer-focused, helpful, loyal and hard-working
- Entrepreneurship and initiative: Should continuously look for ways to improve both the office space and client/employee experience. Identify and address issues before they arise.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment. You will be multitasking while multitasking while multitasking
- Must be proactive and have the ability to work both independently and in a team atmosphere with minimal supervision
- Administrative skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency a must, as well as knowledge of general professional office protocol
- The right person has excellent listening skills, a highly professional demeanor, strong customer focus, impeccable organizational skills, is communicative to upper management, and thrives in a high pressure environment.
- Discreet and professional demeanor; displays sensitivity to confidential matters
- Excellent time management skills with a mind for prioritization
- Strong telephone skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: is clear, concise, and able to identify core concepts of internal and external communications
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Must have a helpful, "no task is too big or too small" attitude
- Ability to engage with all levels of staff and a diverse client pool
We are located at N. 3rd Street and E. St. John Street, near the Santa Clara Superior Court House and right across the street from St. James Park.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format only in order to be considered for this position. Any documents submitted in a format other that PDF will NOT be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- How many years of administrative assistant experience do you have?
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in San Jose, CA 95112?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
ADR Services, Inc.Why Work Here?
Warm, collegial, small office atmosphere where your individual work directly effects the company's success. Strongly independent position.
ADR Services, Inc. is a private alternative dispute resolution legal provider firm that administers and schedules mediations, arbitrations, and private trials for retired judges and attorneys throughout California. We are headquartered in Los Angeles, but also have offices in Orange County, San Diego, Oakland, San Jose and San Francisco. As a recognized leader in the dispute resolution field, ADR Services, Inc. has a tradition of enlisting the industry's finest mediators and arbitrators, and for providing premier customer service to our clients.
96 North 3rd StreetSan Jose, CA
BusinessView all jobs at ADR Services, Inc.