Carrier Strategy Account Manager - Underwriter
Posted Date:February 8, 2020
ADP is hiring a Carrier Strategy Manager with an underwriting background. In this position, the Carrier Strategy Manager will use their underwriting expertise to monitor the Health Plan's performance and will work with multiple data sets to interpret and provide recommended solutions to the business.
- The manager will work with the Carrier Relations Strategy Team inclusive of the analysts' and the Leadership team responsible for the Plan Experience by reviewing the Health Plan's Performance, renewal history and assess the Plan's future risk. The manger is expected to collaborate with brokers and the insurance carriers underwriting team directly in order to gather plan knowledge and provide future strategy recommendations that will impact the Plan.
- Assists in providing strategic direction, management and oversight for the TotalSource Health & Welfare programs to ensure comprehensive, high quality benefits that are competitive, cost effective and comply with all state and federal regulatory requirements. An assessment on a particular product may require conducting a request for proposal which the underwriter may be required to participate in.
- Perform data evaluation on the ADPTS' book of business using internal and external reporting.
- Conduct risk assessments on potential funding options on the TotalSource Health Benefits plans which include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision & Life & Disability products.
- Consult in the creation and maintenance of Health Benefits reporting dashboards.
- Participate in multiple book of business meetings upon request.
- The Manager will be expected to collaborate with the Carrier Relations Account Management team by consulting on their respective carriers.
- The Manager should be able to handle and report on multiple carrier accounts.
- Evaluate and measure potential plan changes for Open Enrollment with brokers and the Carrier Relations Account Management team.
- Acts as a liaison between the PEO Carrier Relations strategy team and carrierbroker partners to perform trend analysis and resolve questions. Provides product and industry technical support and expertise; serve as a resource reference to internal teams.
Travel - Around 25%
- Underwriting or Actuarial Experience within a health insurance carrier
- Experience with ERISA fully insured and self-insured plans.
- Experience working with insurance brokers.
- Experience using data visualization (e.g., tables, charts, graphs) and conducting research using statistical analyses (e.g., correlations, regressions).
- Read and interpret benefits data.
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Business, Mathematics or related field.
- Master's Degree
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job
Share this job
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Linkedin
- Share by Mail