Assisted Living and Memory Care Executive Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Country Club Hills , Tinley Park, Frankfort Area
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall operations and success of the Assisted Living and Memory Care Community and for overseeing the safety, health + wellness of the residents. They are responsible for leading, directing and holding the Department Managers and staff accountable for their daily assignments and responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The ALF manager must be present at the ALF during normal business hours plus whenever necessary to ensure attention to the management and administration of the resident contracts.
2. The Manager or designee must be accessible to staff at all times.
3. The manager shall designate a qualified individual capable of acting in an emergency during his or her absence from the ALF.
4. The manager shall have at least five years’ experience in providing health care services to adults within the elderly population either in an assisted living program, inpatient hospital, long term care setting, adult day care or in a Department approved health related field.
5. The manager shall also have at least two years of management experience.
6. Experience with the Assisted Living program.
7. Displays optimal intra and interdepartmental relationships.
8. Ability to establish and maintain optimum rapport and assist with concern resolution process with residents, family members, providers of health care and staff members.
9.. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, budget management, email, regulatory compliance, in-servicing and documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES: The following statements are intended as general statements of the duties of the position and are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
REVENUE-CENSUS, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
1. Oversee and ensure Compliance with Illinois Assisted Living Requirements.
2. Utilize Assisted Living policies and requirements to hold department managers accountable.
3. Census Management –Maintain or exceed census goals
4. Understand the general market / area Hospitals/ competitors- referral trends/ admission/inquiry trends. Assist Business development team as needed.
5. Create Census Culture with leadership team.
6. Work with primary Physicians to develop open communication, Schedule routine discussions regarding partnership. Ensure Physician engagement/ Physician responsibilities are understood.
7. Understand Voluntary Discharge, Involuntary Discharge process.
8. Understand and work with Business development on Bed/ Unit Management to maximize reimbursement.
9. Ensure general Resident satisfaction, complete resident satisfaction surveys routinely.
10. Understand importance of receiving resident/family positive Testimonials.
11. Ensure management of all referrals/leads and consistent utilization of Referral Management program.
12. Lead and manage weekly resident status meetings
13. Understand and manage Admission process-ALF Requirements
CLINICAL/ MEDICAL RECORD PROCEDURES
1. Understand AL/MC Quality assurance requirement, facility QA program, how to collect data, analyze, initiate, and manage action plans to correct issues/concerns identified.
2. Ensure Medical records organization through routine review. Medical records
storage/retrieval, and medical record audit process.
3. Establish and assign routine schedule for Manager Dining Room and routine facility
4. Ensure Consistent staffing in accordance with department requirements, labor budgets,
limit authorized overtime and manage unauthorized overtime.
5. Ensure Annual Nursing license verification is completed.
6. Review and understand ALF Reporting requirements.
7. Notify Joseph/Collette of TDPH or Any agency survey correspondence and or visits.
Update on status of survey findings timely.
8. Understand Palliative/ Hospice program & Advanced Directive(s), POLST review,
ensure staff trained in CPR, facility policy, and where to find resident POLST
information and how to interpret it.
9. Knowledge of Pharmacy, Lab/Diagnostic, and other service providers operations.
HUMAN RESOURCES/ RISK MANAGEMENT
1. Review and Understand Crisis manual procedures (Emergency Crisis Statement)
2. Understand Follow Medical Record Request procedure (Litigation related)
3. Understand Manage Events, Abuse and neglect allegations and visitor incidents.
4. Visitor, guest, TLC policy
5. Setting realistic Expectations/Advanced care planning/ Physician involvement
6. Bereavement program
7. Safety and work comp management
8. Turnover, open positions, job fairs, employee morale, employee recruitment,
9. Employee labor/legal issues
10. Handbook initiative
11. Leadership team accountability performance improvement plans/ Projects
12. Compliance/ HIPAA
13. New Hire process onboarding to retain employees
14. Payroll management and authorization process
1. Review expense Budget- #1 cost in healthcare is labor, #2 Food
2. Labor Management and oversight
3. Spending greater than $300/approval/ credit card reconciliation
4. Pharmacy, medical supply, food, laundry chemicals, Housekeeping, office supplies,
5. Discussion plant operations spending- Michael discussion
1. Collection management – resident private pay rent and services
2. Accounts payable
1. Current state of facility/current project
2. Knowledge of Emergency Operations Manual
1. Customer Experience
Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. The work environment is warm, well-lighted, open and subject to interruptions.
2. Exposure to blood, body tissue of fluids.
3. Exposure to hazardous waste materials, dust and loud or unpleasant noises.
4. At times, you will interacts with regulatory surveyors, managers, vendors, healthcare professionals, employees, resident family and friends, residents from varying socioeconomic, ethnic, cultural and educational backgrounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these demands.
1. Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of pulling, bending, and stooping movements.
2. Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and schedule, weekends, evenings, nights as needed.
3. Ability to lead a team efficiently
4. Ability to speak clearly and make self understood.
5. Ability to keep attention on tasks; routinely interrupted.
6. Ability to understand a variety of concepts/approaches.
7. Ability to remember tasks/assignments.
8. Ability to work beyond regularly scheduled shift (overtime) when necessary.
SAFE WORK PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
The safety of employees, residents and visitors is of paramount importance to our facility. Our work place safety program will be incorporated as the standard of practice for this organization. Compliance with these safe work expectations will be required of all employees as a condition of employment. Our organization focus will hold all employees accountable for safety performance equal with quality and production expectations.
ADP Workforce Now Organic
BusinessView all jobs at ADP Workforce Now Organic