POSITION SUMMARY: The General Manager is responsible for the entire operation of his/her assigned restaurant, and is responsible for executing the store plan to achieve the established standards, sales growth and profits. Provides leadership and outstanding guest service guidance and must be able to create a positive and open environment in which people can excel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensuring that all Fatburger standards are upheld to a high degree utilizing the standard evaluation forms.
- Ensuring that all Fatburger policies and procedures are upheld to a high degree.
- Works with Area Manager to hire employees of the highest caliber for the position they are hired for. Ensures that all employees are orientated properly and that employee file documentation is present as necessary.
- Works to optimize sales via superlative Q.S.C., local marketing, merchandising and coordination through the Fatburger Operations and Training staff.
- Properly schedules or supervises the scheduling of all shifts for optimum employee coverage. Keeps track of hours scheduled to eliminate overtime.
- Orders or oversees the ordering of foodstuffs and supplies in such a manner that allows for a comfortable carryover without tying up cash with excess inventory or running out of proprietary items.
- Oversees the ongoing training and development of Assistant Restaurant Managers.
- Optimizes profitability through control of food cost, paper cost, labor, operating and cleaning supplies and interaction with purveyors.
- Ensures that all cash handling is in accordance with company standards.
- Oversees the proper shift turnover by assistant managers and shift supervisors.
- Collects and evaluates the shift readiness checklists as completed by Shift Leaders and Assistant Managers.
- Acts as the mediator for management and team member conflicts.
- Is an example of a leader that possesses team spirit, good people handling techniques and the proper work ethics
- Establishes and oversees employee incentive contests and crew recognition.
- Conducts monthly audits of all shifts to Fatburger policies and procedures are in effect. Uses the monthly audits as a tool for improvement as opposed to an “inspection”.
- Ensures that the management schedule is posted on a timely basis.
- Treats all employees with respect and dignity and insists that all employees do likewise.
- Insures compliance with all federal, state and local law to include state health laws and health department directives.
NON-ESSENTIAL Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the Fatburger liaison in local community affairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages Assistant Manager, Shift Leaders and Team Members in the restaurant and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. The manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problem
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 + years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers, or employees of the restaurant.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic math and algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software, Internet software; Inventory software, order processing systems and spreadsheet software.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Reach with hands and arms. Talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENTS: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
GENERAL SIGN-OFF: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship
I have read and understand this explanation and job description
Signature: ____________________________________________ Date: ________________________
ADP - RNOOID0025937397
Why Work Here?Tahoe Miller Group operates Franchises within Fat Brands portfolio of fast causal restaurants. Fat Burger, Buffalos, Hurricane, & Yalla
Tahoe Miller Group Fast Causals are new, innovative, and emerging brands that consumers gravitate towards. Join a team that is new & hip!
San Francisco, CA