As a Project Engineer at CEM Construction, you will have the opportunity to work on projects related to public works and residential construction. The candidate should be someone who has great communication skills and can adapt to different personalities and various jobsite conditions. The Project Engineer will be responsible for managing the construction day to day operation, reading plans and specifications for different trades performed in-house and the evaluation of submittals and RFI’s to support construction activities and resolution of design and field issues. The Project Engineer will assist the Project Manager with interacting with CEM Construction crew members, and subcontractors, to ensure quality and timely completion of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set up and maintain an organized job site
• Acquire and manage all building permits and other regulatory prerequisites
• Direct all CEM Construction personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
• Responsible for managing the construction day to day operation, reading plans and specifications for different trades performed in-house
• Assigning scope of work for CEM Construction work crew
• Prepare and maintain construction schedule
• Order materials and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the process
• Promote and ensure job site safety, encourage safe work practices and rectify job site hazards
• Material and equipment procurement and expediting
• Shop drawing and submittal review and coordination
• Project cost review, reporting, updating and accounting
• Creation of RFI documents as needed and Create and maintain RFI document log.
• Create and maintain project meeting minutes and log
• Change order documentation and associated cost reporting and maintenance
• Research and suggest options on construction means, methods and equipment
• Perform all other related duties as assigned
• A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Construction Management, Building Construction, or related field) or 3-5 years of position-related experience
• Strong technical and administrative skills along with the ability to be organized
• Multi-tasking skills and the ability to coordinate work on several facets of a project
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership abilities with the ability to coordinate work on multiple facets of a project
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Project, Sage 300, BlueBeam, and other project-related software
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salaries are competitive and negotiable based on experience and skill level. ($60,000.00 - $75,000.00)
Please submit resume in PDF format.
At CEM Construction we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
ADP - RNOOID0024869539