Medical Receptionist/Medical Secretary
ADP - RNOOID0022303343 Conroe, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental, life insurance,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is one of the most important functions in the health care delivery system and the first point where contact is made personally. The person will receive the patient and direct them to the services needed. Making preliminary assessment category of payment for patients are essential before provider can see them.
· Verifies patient benefits prior to their appointment.
· Welcomes & greets patients and visitors; informs patients of insurance/verification results.
· Anticipates patient’s anxieties; answers questions.
· Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording and updating patient demographic information and financial information.
· Collects payment if applicable; records patient charges.
· Ensures all data entered for filing, collecting, and expediting claims are correct.
· Notifies billing department of financial changes to the account.
· Assists with maintaining inventory and equipment by checking stock, anticipating supply needs and scheduling equipment repairs.
· Scanning & Filing: separates batches into the designated categories; scans batch and names it; verifies the number of pages in the ICS batch is the same as the number of pages scanned; files daily; stores hard copies of completed filing in storage room (Conroe); ensures completed ICS form is attached on top.
· Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Checks company email daily.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
· Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation
· Knowledge of NextGen EHR
· Ability to speak coherently, read/write accurately and legibly
· Delivers excellent face-face communication with patients
Uses appropriate telephone etiquette
Customer Service & Interpersonal Skills (to Patients, Co-Workers, Management)
Conveys excellent Customer Service; Demonstrates friendly, professional manner with positive attitude; Adheres to ethical and clinical standards; Demonstrates good listening skills; Team Player - Always reliable, communicates with confidence, does more than asked, adapts quickly and easily, displays genuine commitment, other team members know they can depend on.
Workplace Standards Complies with…
· Confidentiality and supports company values
· Company Policy and Procedures and Employee Handbook
· Dress Code Standards
· HIPAA and safe work environment
· Time and Attendance Policy
Work schedule and manages time effectively
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Other Duties - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ADP - RNOOID0022303343
HealthcareView all jobs at ADP - RNOOID0022303343