Location: Outside of Columbus, OH
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change?
Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city.
If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and comprehensive cancer services.
- Performs a variety of accounting related functions.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: analyze, reconcile, record, and report financial information for the healthCare system in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; maintain adequate internal controls to safeguard the System’s assets; and provide financial information necessary to aid management in decision-making analysis.
-Prepares and distributes monthly financial statements and related management reports for GHS and partner companies.
-Reconciles bank statements to the cashbook file and the general ledger detail and posts adjusting entries on a monthly basis.
-Collects and analyzes all relevant revenue/accounts receivable information from various reporting systems and posts appropriate journal entries monthly.
-Reviews financial data, considering both historical and present circumstances, for logical explanation of variances.
-Reviews accounts payable account analysis reports for posting discrepancies and makes corrections to the general ledger monthly.
-Maintains recurring journal entries and posts to the general ledger accordingly.
-Inputs the annual operating budgets into the general ledger.
-Prepares state sales tax reports and completes check requests as necessary and prepares annual reconciliation.
-Analyzes capital requests, purchase orders and vendor invoices to document capital purchases within the fixed asset system monthly.
-Reviews the capital-in-progress (CIP) accounts monthly and ensures timely capitalization of these assets.
-Documents capital disposals within the fixed asset system as necessary.
-Processes and posts depreciation expense and other fixed asset related entries monthly.
-Reconciles the fixed asset register to the general ledger at least quarterly.
-Invoices the Genesis HealthCare Foundation and outside parties for reimbursable capital and operating expenses monthly.
-Reviews and posts all payroll journal entries and reconciles related expenses and liability accounts as necessary.
-Submits federal payroll tax payments electronically and prepares forms 941 “Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return” quarterly.
-Calculates workers compensation premiums and posts to the general ledger monthly, prepares corresponding wage reports biannually.
-Calculates federal and state unemployment expense/liability and posts to the general ledger monthly; prepares corresponding forms quarterly.
-Prepares check requests for distribution of all payroll liabilities as necessary.
-Calculates the affiliate employee health and life insurance premiums and posts to the general ledger monthly.
-Prepares and distributes FTE/Salary Summary, Overtime and Hours Worked reports monthly.
-Prepares grant reports and maintain necessary supporting documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum five years in accounting or related field
- Strong mathematical and analytic skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP).
- Attention to detail and ability to write in order to explain or describe complex information.
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex material such as financial reports, policies, etc.
- Position reports to Fiscal Services & Compliance Administrator.
- The hospital will offer a range between 46K-63K depending on experience and a great benefit package.