ADF International Great Falls, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Welder Helpers assist Welders and Fitters in the fabrication of structural steel components.
• Report to the Plant Foreman
• Assist the Fitter (assembler) and Welder in the following activities, as instructed
• Position and secure pieces to be welded onto assemblies or subassemblies using tack weld
• Perform basic tack welds using welding machines
• Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
• Remove rough spots from the workpiece using portable grinder
• Shape the workpiece using flame heating and sledgehammer
• Any other related duties as instructed by the Fitter (Assembler) or Welder
· Use the optimum welding technique to ensure minimal misfit or correction of misalignments (considering quality and quantity of weld deposits).
· Monitor fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials.
· Ability to learn basic operations of forklifts, overhead cranes, hoists when required
· Perform tasks using overhead traveling cranes, when required.
· Know and follow safe work practices
· Know and follow Corporate policies and procedures, including OSHA safety rules and regulations in effect, as well as ADF’s work instructions and fabrication standards
· Keep your work area clean
· Clean and properly store tools/equipment at the end of the shift
· Help protect equipment/tools from potential damage
· Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify your supervisor
· Report any non-conformity to your supervisor
· Any other related duties, as required and/or special projects as needed.
Education/Training or Work Experience:
· Completion of a welding program; OR Minimum 1000 hours (1/2 year) of relevant welding experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved; OR A combination of minimum 500 hours (3 months) of relevant welding experience and training from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
· Industry Certifications for AWS (American Welding Society) and CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) [PREFERRED]
· Metal arc welding (GMAW), Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) and Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
· Executing simple welds.
· Safely operating various power hand tools used to prepare, shape and clean the metal pieces, such as grinding machine and cutting torch.
· Accomplishing the required tasks within a specified time, that is considered adequate for a welder helper
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to follow direction
Must have the ability to perform the following activities and sustain for varying lengths of time: stand, walk, bend, twist, squat, kneel and stoop on a constant basis. Also must have the ability to push and pull material such as in and out of break and shear. Must be able to use hands to reach out of power zone in order to sort parts, operate various types of electric and pneumatic power tools. May also occasionally have to assume awkward postures while operating power tools or cleaning welds or prepping areas. Ability to fully articulate Shoulder, elbow, hand, and wrist. Must have the ability to grasp and sustain grip on power tools such as but not limited to: 9” & 4” grinders, needle guns, belt sanders etc. for extended periods of time. Often lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds; use hands, arms and upper body on a frequent basis. Ability to perform work in variable climate conditions such as but not limited to, hot, cold, dusty, noisy etc. May also be required to wear appropriate respiratory protection should the need arise.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
ADF Group Inc. is a pioneer in the development and implementation of innovative solutions. The Corporation is recognized for its engineering expertise, project management, essential fabrication capacity. ADF specializes in two skilled market niches: the fabrication of steel superstructures with a high level of architectural and geometric complexity and projects subject to fast-track schedules. ADF's commitment to delivering every project following the industry's highest quality standards constitutes a core aspect of the Corporation's mission.
1900 Great Bear AvenueGreat Falls, MT
ConstructionView all jobs at ADF International