Reporting to the Department Manager the administrative assistant will provide support to ensure efficient operation of the office in accordance with corporate guidelines to ensure maximum dollar sales volume in the most profitable way possible. This position supports managers, employees, and customers through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication and is responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material. Must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish daily tasks. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide excellent customer service:
- Practice and promote company Core Values.
- Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient, and courteous attention.
- Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment, and friendly disposition by greeting others.
- Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes.
- Resolve customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the manager of all serious complaints or incidents.
- Maintain a good flow of communication with all the auction departments.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
2. Daily Responsibilities:
- Assist customers either in person or on the phone in a courteous, professional manner.
- Field phone calls and direct them to the appropriate departments.
- Print daily reports and customer documents including gate passes for customers that have paid vehicles.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail.
- Communicate with customers, managers, and other employees on a consistent basis.
- Compile information needed for various reports and assist in coordinating project-oriented duties at the direction of the manager.
- Maintain various files and confidential data; produce confidential reports and correspondence for the manager.
- Assist employees with online safety training.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the sales inventory as requested by the customer.
- Make sure all Department area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to management immediately. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately.
- Perform all duties assigned by the manager.
Admin Asst I – Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) - required
- One (1) to two (2) years of administrative support or similar experience preferred.
- Strong typing and computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, AMS, V-Trace, and Auction Trac.
- Well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
ADESA handles every aspect of the used-vehicle lifecycle. Its sellers need to liquidate an asset, and its buyers need to source inventory for their retail lot. ADESA brings them together.