Job Purpose: Strive to nurture and provide individualized comprehensive compassionate care for women of all ages by utilizing the most up-to-date technologies with evidence based medicine in the field of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Welcome patients in person or on the telephone.
- Prepare patients for visits by directing and/or accompanying them to the exam room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and /or treatment; arranging room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verify patient information with patients; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Verify pre-certification for surgeries and in office procedures-if needed.
- Support patient care by helping the physician during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medication on the premises; phlebotomy.
- Complete records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Check inventory to make sure supplies are stocked; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances the practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prepare and submit laboratory specimens to outside facility with appropriate documentation and in accordance with deadlines
- Process laboratory results through proper channels to maintain timely and accurate flow of medical information and compliance with set policies.
- Use proper aseptic/sterile techniques.
- Assist the nursing and medical staff with clinical procedures; communicate patient data to nursing and medical staff
- Help with clinic flow by assisting on phone scheduling or working as front desk staff.
- Help with clinic flow by working with multiple physicians- if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits available include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K/Roth and STD
Six Paid Holidays