Technical writer is responsible to create installation manuals and customer specific training material for all complete machine sales and aftermarket retrofit or rebuild equipment. Technical writer is responsible to collect required information from Project Managers, Engineers, Safety Coordinator and assemblers as required to develop installation manuals.
· Create, maintain and update manuals, procedures, specifications and other documents.
· Create, maintain and update installation instructions, training material and other technical documents.
· Review, revise, modify or edit documents prepared by others.
· Write technical documents in compliance to the company’s established standards and guidelines.
· Evaluate and recommend revisions to standards and guidelines.
· Provide writing, editing and design support to other team members.
· Determine the customer requirements for technical documentation.
· Work with the engineering team to ensure accurate specifications are communicated to customers.
· Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, graphics, animation, charts or any other innovative method to increase the users understanding of ADCO products.
· Standardize content with high quality documentation.
· Revise documents as new product developments are introduced.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or communications or related technical field. Knowledge of mechanical or electrical engineering preferred.
Minimum 1-3 years experience in developing and delivering technical training material
MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
· Communication and writing skills; you must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for customers who have non-technical backgrounds.
· Detail oriented; you will be creating detailed instructions for others to follow. As a result, they must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
· Imagination; you must be able to think about a procedure or product in the way that a customer without technical experience would think about it.
· Technical skills; you must be able to understand and then explain highly technical information.
· Travel required up to 25%.