ADCO Manufacturing is seeking a field service technician to join our dynamic team of professionals. Must be a self-starter with a strong track record of successfully performing field service work, including mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, installation, and complete repair of complex, automated packaging machinery and systems. The field service technician will contribute to the success of the company, not only through their technical expertise but also though the demonstration of strong interpersonal skills, effective communication, follow-up, and teamwork.
B. PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Providing service and customer support during field visits or by remote means.
· Managing all onsite installation, repair, maintenance and testing tasks
· Diagnosing process opportunities, technical problems, determining root cause failures and proper solutions
· Work with third parties and other OEM’s to accomplish integration requirements.
· Produce timely and detailed service reports
· Documentation of processes, troubleshooting practices, identification of production needs and potential solutions.
· Cooperate with the technical teams and share information across the organization
· Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
· Build positive relationships with customers
· Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
· Ability to work overtime and weekends regularly
· Ability to travel a minimum of 75%, often times with little to no notice
C. REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Must possess a strong working knowledge of capital equipment design and theory of operations, as well as demonstrate clear, “hands-on” technical competence in the mechanical and electrical maintenance and operation of complex packaging machinery/systems.
· Must possess a strong working knowledge of computers and applications such as Outlook, Internet Explorer, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to effectively utilize CRM, case management and asset management tools.
· Proficient in the use of current technology platforms (computer, cell phones, tablets, and high-speed video equipment)
· Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to read and understand assembly drawings
· Ability to read, understand and apply layout drawings
· Strong electrical knowledge – 200 volt and 600 Volt systems
· Strong mechanical knowledge – Packaging equipment – cartoners – carton formers – case packing and wraparound sleevers
· Proficient in the use of power tools
· Metal and plastic material fabrication
· Current passport
· Field service history
· Bilingual – preferred
· Associates degree in a technically-related field or equivalent experience
· Integration experience
· Vision system experience
· Leaflet, laser and ink coding system experience
· Machining experience (lathe, mill, brake, layout)
· Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLC programming experience
· HMI programming experience
· Fanuc robotics experience
· Minimum of 3-years of lead role experience in field service, assembly and/or equivalent background.