Sr. Software Engineer
AD Practitioners LLC 00646, PR
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you enjoy solving complex problems across a myriad of software platforms? Are you excited about working across a broad range of domains including Testing, DevOps, and Machine Learning? Then read on!
Ad Practitioners, LLC is an internet-based company, with headquarters in Dorado, Puerto Rico. Thanks to our consumers and team members, we have turned into one of the fastest growing technology companies in the Caribbean. Each year, millions of people visit our portfolio of brands, which includes Money.com and ConsumersAdvocate.org, for news, information, and recommendations on some of life’s most important financial decisions.
As a Sr. Software Engineer - Consumer Engagement, you will help build a multi-channel consumer engagement platform from the foundation up. You’ll work with a team of talented software engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers, and writers to drive meaningful conversations with consumers, leveraging the power of machine learning to meet the needs of both the consumer and our business.
We are a fun, creative, and a transparent organization, where everyone has access to our executive team, learning important business skills, taking part in major decisions, and experiencing life in a rapidly growing online media environment. We offer generous benefits including health care, dental, retirement matching, and even catered lunches!
- In charge of implementing, testing, and deploying microservices in Python on AWS/EKS (plus RDS, SQS, SES, S3, etc)
- Use Infrastructure as Code to define and maintain environments (Terraform, Helm, k8s)
- Expand the integration between our data science pipelines and our production back end
- Participate in our lowercase-A agile process (Kanban-ish) that serves the team and delivers predictable results for stakeholders
- Identify and communicate risks, work to mitigate them, and recommend course corrections
- Participate in team code review process and help lead architecture conversations
- Keep an eye on industry trends and educate your teammates about them
- Research new libraries and components to use in our platform when appropriate
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-8 years of experience designing and implementing systems utilizing various technologies to deliver scalable web applications
- Bachelor degree in Engineering Field or related
- Expertise in at least one strongly typed programming language (bonus if you use TypeScript, Rust or C++)
- Expertise in relational database design and optimization, networking fundamentals, git and containers
- Experience in using Infrastructure as Code to provision environments
- Strong understanding of AWS, Google Cloud, or equivalent cloud computing platforms
- Proficiency in front end technologies (React, CSS, webpack, babel, CORS, CSP)
- Experience with cloud-based data lakes like Snowflake or Redshift
- Interest in data engineering using Spark/EMR or similar
Ad Practitioners LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
AD Practitioners LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at AD Practitioners LLC