Entry Level Actuary Analyst:
Actuarial Assistant is an entry-level Actuarial position. Actuaries begin as students that rotate in various positions throughout the actuarial departments in order to gain a wide range of knowledge and experiences that can be leveraged throughout the Actuary’s career. Although not every rotation path is the same, common roles often include, but are not limited to, Valuation, Product Development, Asset-Liability Management, and Experience Analysis.
During the initial rotation for this position, the Actuarial Assistant reports to the Manager of Deferred Annuity DAC Valuation. The Actuarial Assistant works closely with other local accounting/finance teams including Financial Reporting, Budget and Planning, External/Internal Audit, SOX Audit, Information Technology, Pricing, Enterprise Risk Management, Legal, and Product Management. The Actuary may also collaborate with other actuaries located throughout various US offices.
- Prepare financial reports and provide support for various actuarial/finance projects.
- Respond to inquiries from Internal/External auditors, State Insurance department regulators, Internal Revenue Service, Legal team, Parent Company, Finance department, and senior management.
- Identify valuation issues and recommend solutions/opportunities for improvement.
- Generate, work on, and implement projects associated with Deferred Acquisition Costs for annuity products
- Produce clear and concise explanations regarding valuation issues and results.
- Make consistent progress in the Society of Actuaries examination process.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Actuarial Science or Math, Statistics, Economics, or Finance.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office especially Access and Excel.
- Programming in SAS, Visual Basic, SQL, or C++ Mat lab R a plus.
- Must have passed, OR BE WILLING TO TAKE AND PASS, the Probability Exam P 1 through the Society of Actuaries.
About Actuary & Medical Recruiting:
Actuary & Medical Recruiting recruits actuaries for prestige companies working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance / financial services, and property and casualty insurance. The firms we recruit for are all well-respected firms that have quietly earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation, and quality. Many of these companies have been in business for over 30 years. We present qualified actuaries to some of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of retirement plans and services to the full spectrum of business, financial, and government and union organizations.
Actuary & Medical Recruiting and all of its affiliates, as well as all companies we recruit for, are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Actuarial Review offered by Actuary & Medical Recruiting is tutorial in nature and is offered in preparation for the actuarial examinations administered by the Society of Actuaries and the Casualty Actuarial Society. The purpose of the review is to provide you with exam hints and strategies, and to provide an overview of the material.. Actuary & Medical Recruiting will also refund the $225.00 examination fee (that is to be paid to the Prometric Testing Center) and for the 2019 ACTEX study manual, upon being successfully placed through our efforts. Also $380.00 for the actuary prep. Actuary & Medical Recruiting will exercise every reasonable effort to assist Prospective Employees with finding a suitable employment position.