Special Events Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,000 to $44,000 Yearly
The Entertainment Community Fund (formerly The Actors Fund), a nationwide human services organization that helps all professionals in performing arts and entertainment, seeks a Special Events Associate to work in conjunction with the Special Events Senior Associate and Manager of Special Events, coordinating aspects of events including managing and processing event ticketing and sales, will call process and distribution, event donor acknowledgements and general administration for the events team. This role assists with events such as the annual gala, benefit concerts, online auctions, a golf & tennis outing, cultivation events administration both in NYC and Los Angeles, online streaming fundraisers, and other events as assigned.
The Special Events Associate responsibilities include TICKETING: assist with sales and distribution of event tickets, assist with seating and will call administration, prepare event sales and seating reports for review with the events team; BENEFIT PERFORMANCES & SPECIAL EVENTS: assist the Special Events Senior Associate and Manager of Special Events with day-to-day coordination of department goals, assist with creating seating charts for online ticket sales, manage and generate acknowledgement letters for donations associated with benefit performances and special events; AUCTION: manages the outreach to obtain auction items and/or experiences to post on Charitybuzz and follow through with any fulfillment requirements as needed; OUTREACH/RECRUITMENT: in conjunction with efforts made by the Special Events Senior Associate and Manager of Special Events, serve as liaison with Broadway theatre box office staff to arrange ticketing needs for benefit performances; COMMUNICATION & MARKETING: coordinate the request processing procedure with the internal Communications and Marketing team to assist with social media outreach and marketing needs for events; ADMINISTRATION: provide general administrative support including but not limited to mailings including FedEx and UPS shipments, credit card reconciliation reporting to finance, and arranging car service and messenger services.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in execution and support of fundraising events
- Superior customer service skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to motivate others and form productive relationships with a wide variety of office personnel including entertainment & performing arts industry leaders, contractors, talent, donors, vendors, staff, and volunteers
- Experience with online ticket sales software such as Audience View
- Prior experience in a customer service-oriented environment such as ticket sales
- Some travel may be required
- Due to the nature of events, this role will at times require hours outside of standard office hours, including weekends and evening hours on an as needed basis per event
- Some physical labor required in production of events
- Serve as a brand ambassador and representative when engaging with donors, sponsors, and event attendees
- Supervision of volunteers and interns at select events
- Working knowledge of theatre and the entertainment industry preferred
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a full-time salaried position based in the Entertainment Community Fund’s National Headquarters Office in Times Square, New York City. The Entertainment Community Fund offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including: choice of multiple health and dental plans, voluntary vision, flex and dependent care plans, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, supplemental life and disability, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off and TransitCheck commuter benefit or paid parking, depending on location.
Apply online at www.entertainmentcommunity.org/careers. A complete application will include a resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
ABOUT THE ENTERTAINMENT COMMUNITY FUND
The Entertainment Community Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, the Fund serves everyone in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services.
In an effort to protect our fellow employees and visitors, the Entertainment Community Fund requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination subject to accommodations required by law.
For more about the Entertainment Community Fund, please visit: www.entertainmentcommunity.org.
The Entertainment Community Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Built into the value statement of the Entertainment Community Fund is a commitment to embrace diversity and seek equity, inclusion and dignity for all. We celebrate our differences and strive to cultivate an environment of mutual respect.
ACTORS FUND OF AMERICA
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?