The Actors Fund Home, an assisted living, skilled nursing, accredited dementia care and sub acute rehabilitation center located in Englewood, NJ, and a recipient of a CMS Five Star rating seeks a Part Time Dietary/Utility Aide who will be primarily responsible for dish washing and delivery of food carts.
- Perform dish washing duties and cleaning duties as scheduled and directed.
- Prepare nourishment cart for nursing residents.
- Assist with putting away deliveries.
- Cleans work area after each meal.
- Prepare trays according to planned menu; Check special diet trays with diet orders before distribution.
- Place trays in food delivery cart.
- Prepare desserts, juices, salads and other food items as directed.
- Prepare Nursing Home dining room and serve meals to the residents from hot buffet as needed.
- Practice appropriate safety measures to prevent infection, accident or injury.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- Serv Safe certified a plus.
- Available to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to pass the facility's physical examination upon employment and annually thereafter,
- Ability to stand and walk most of the day, and climb stairs.
- Light to heavy lifting required.
- Ability to withstand changes in temperature from going in and out of the refrigerator and freezers.
- Must be able to handle food preparation equipment as well as abrasives and detergents used in sanitation duties.
- Be able to work in cooperation with other staff members.
- Be tactful and courteous with residents and relatives.
- High degree of personal cleanliness and hygiene.
- Have an understanding of, affection for, and a desire to work with the aging. •
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a Part Time (approximately 24 hours) hourly position based in The Actors Fund’s Home in Englewood, NJ. This is a union position covered by 1199 SEIU.
Click the blue Apply button. A complete application will include a resume and salary expectations.
ABOUT THE ACTORS FUND
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services.
For more about The Actors Fund, please visit: actorsfund.org.
For more about The Actors Fund Home, please visit actorsfundhome.org
The Actors Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
ACTORS FUND OF AMERICA