Web Developer/ Designer-REMOTE (United States)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Ready to take ACTION in your career? ACT1 Federal is seeking a Web Developer / Designer to work remotely in support of the Ted Stevens Center for Arctic Security Studies, the newest of six Department of Defense Regional Centers.
ACT1 Federal is all about taking bold, innovative actions to deliver for our customers and our workforce. Every day, members of the ACT1 Federal team drive creative solutions on the most challenging problems facing customers across the Aviation, Space / Intelligence, and International Cooperation portfolios.
If selected, you will be trusted to work remotely on the Center's website, responsible for content management, as well as further development of website capabilities. The position involves creating custom graphics, innovative user interfaces, and robust multi-media portals that communicate the Center's mission to a wide array of Arctic stakeholders and the general public.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Collaborating with and receiving guidance from the Ted Stevens Center Strategic Communications team, in particular the Media and Communications Specialist.
- Updating, and maintaining the functionality, layout, navigation, content, platform and security for the official Ted Stevens Arctic Center website.
- Making modifications and enhancements, as directed, to the content management system/platform, implementing sandbox environment, menu options, external integration, templates, workflow integration, and other functionalities as required.
- Coordinating with the Strat Comms Team, the Public Affairs Officer, content owners, and other members of the TSC to ensure specific content is added/removed from the website in a timely manner. This includes print media, photos and images, web-based event calendars, and designing new web pages that integrate with TSC efforts and mission areas.
- Providing electronic graphics material for the Center, for use on its website and other media platforms by working on various systems using a variety of software, namely WordPress, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Illustrator.
- Coordinating with the Contract Manager on administrative matters.
You will be responsible for:
• Maintaining website content (see above)
• Reviewing and becoming familiar with current website design.
• Recommending website design/content changes and updates.
• Continuing to develop website capabilities, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Interactive event management pages
- Interactive web-based event registration pages
- Searchable calendar and event information portals
- Searchable and interactive document library
- Multimedia players
- Integration with social media platforms
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer-related field and/or systems/software development certification
- Must have a minimum two (2) years' experience working in U.S. Government computer systems and in web development
- Knowledge of Department of Defense (DOD) web policy and regulations.
- Must have Word Press experience.
- Must have experience with web and graphics design and development.
WHAT ACT1 FEDERAL CAN OFFER YOU:
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Company Paid Life and AD&D insurance
• Company Paid Short-Term Disability
• Health care flexible spending accounts
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
ACT1 Federal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
ACT1 FederalAnchorage, AK
TechnologyView All ACT1 Federal Jobs
Get fresh Web Developer/ Designer-REMOTE (United States) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.