Associate Director of Enrollment
- $68,000 to $72,000 Yearly
ACT (the American College of Thessaloniki), the tertiary division of Anatolia College, invites expression of interest for the position of Associate Director of Enrollment to cover its immediate needs. The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT)'s US Enrollment Office seeks a talented, self-sufficient, and motivated individual to join our team as an Associate Director of Enrollment for the North American Region. This position will provide the highest level of student and partner support in all activities. As a member of the Enrollment Office, it will be expected that the successful candidate is able to model ACT's commitment to academic & professional excellence, critical thinking, personal enrichment, respect & responsibility, and diversity, equity, & inclusion. At this time, the position combines in-person and remote work, but would be classified as a remote role. The Associate Director of Enrollment can be based anywhere in the US, as long as they are near a major airport, preferably on the East Coast. The Associate Director of Enrollment will assist the Dean of Enrollment with study abroad program support, travel during the fall and spring travel recruitment cycles (about 30% travel in the year) and will play an active role in representing ACT during recruitment events. The Associate Director of Enrollment reports to the Dean of Enrollment and the position has substantial responsibility for assisting the US Enrollment Team in maintaining relationships with partner schools and high school counselors, advising and counseling degree-seeking and study abroad students from North America, and supporting the overall study abroad program for ACT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Planning, Recruitment, and Partner Relations:
- Schedule and implement on-site visits to university and college campuses in North America to recruit students and strengthen existing relations with Partner schools and/or conduct virtual presentations when needed.
- Represent the College at recruitment events in the US including high school visits, college fairs, professional conferences, and other events
- Prepare reports of all activities within a week of the activity and share them with executive leadership through internal tracking system.
- Conduct training and info sessions for study abroad advisors, new and old, once a year at least and/or on demand of partner.
- Monitor the expenses of the personal recruitment activities in the US and submit them for approval.
- Propose new ideas and initiatives to best support US study abroad programs, reporting on educational trends and developments in the North American SA market.
- Maintain relationships with study abroad advisors at partner schools to successfully promote ACT study abroad semester and customized programs (in close collaboration with the Dean of Enrollment Management and the Director of the International Programs Office).
- Propose new strategic partnerships (new business) with university partners in North America for semester abroad and customized programs, with intention of signing a direct agreement.
Managerial / Professional Development:
- Manage the Regional Admissions Counselor and Coordinator through weekly check-ins and providing ongoing insight into higher education trends, current partner relations, and support with student inquiries, the Alumni Ambassador program, and application support/pre-departure orientation.
- Monitor Admissions Counselor and Coordinator's monthly expenses, ensuring that expenses are kept within budget limits, in coordination with the Dean of Enrollment.
- Facilitate meetings with executive leadership team regarding industry trends and best practices to include diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, program success, and partnership growth.
- Perform advanced administrative functions for persons in a position of key responsibilities including drafting and/or editing reports, presentations, and correspondence.
- Own and organize registration processes to professional conferences.
- Coordinate professional membership renewals for US and EU staff.
Student and Partner Support:
- Communicate admissions policies and country specific updates to students, advisors, and partners.
- Present admissions information to diverse groups of students, families, and counselors.
- Handle inquiries via email, telephone, video, and in-person meetings to advise prospective, applicant, and admitted students and families to make informed decisions.
- Follow up with student inquiries through a systematic email and phone call schedule, keeping records of candidate information and producing statistics as requested.
- Oversee the student visa process/ liaise between the Greek consulates and students/parents/advisors as the point of contact for all issue escalations regarding visas, advocating for students and ensuring their success.
- Create content for admissions presentations and support production of promotional materials (in collaboration with the Marketing department) when needed.
- Support marketing team by copy-editing brochures, e-mail content and production, and managing social media.
Qualifications Educational Background
Must hold a Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Communications, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, International Relations, or similar field. Master's preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Abilities
- Fluency in Greek language is highly preferred. Candidates with Greek fluency will be given higher consideration.
- Previous experience in managing direct reports is a plus.
- At least 2 year of college admissions and/or international education professional experience is preferred.
- Prior experience studying or working abroad is preferred.
- A valid US driver's license with a clean driving record and a willingness to travel as needed (about 20% travel).
- Excellent administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to work with staff members in different time zones in the US and EU (within reasonable hours).
- Mostly operates within the 9-5pm business hours, although some evening and weekend work may be required to accommodate work events during travel season and/or communication with staff members in different time zones.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity towards students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Ability to work well both in a team and in individual situations.
- Ability to use authority with good judgment.
- Ability to quickly evaluate crisis situations and respond appropriately.
- Proven experience working with and speaking to young adults.
- Possess presentation skills and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrating a high level of customer service in a high-volume environment is critical.
- Knowledge of Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.