Statistical Programming Analyst
- Posted: May 13, 2022
ACT Consulting has an immediate need for Statistical Programming Analyst with our direct client, a large health insurance company.
Please take a moment to review the job description. If this is something you are interested in, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com or contact us at 704-248-8877 for additional details.
ACT Consulting is a U.S. owned and operated staffing company providing our clients with candidates on a national basis for contract, contract to hire, and direct hire engagements. Our clients are comprised mostly of Fortune 1000 companies, primarily in the areas of Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, Accounting and Finance
- 15375380 - Statistical Programming Analyst
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Duration: 6 Months
- Develops comprehensive reports and analyzes data in order to identify patterns and trends.
- Assists in creating materials that aid in illustrating analytical/data findings.
- Assists with sophisticated data interpretation, compilation, and verification to guide departmental efforts.
- 40% Designs, codes, maintain and executes simple to complex database programs for the extraction and presentation of data for standard and ad hoc reporting. Utilizes statistical programming tools to identify patterns and trends in data. Assists in sampling design, sample selection, and relevant projections. Performs statistical validations of sampling and related projections. Assists with the preparation of charts, illustrations, other graphics and narrative reports to explain findings.
- 30% Assists with development of complex statistical analysis, including standard reporting, AD HOC reporting, and data mining tools. Assists with sophisticated data interpretation, compilation, and verification to guide departmental efforts.
- 20% Provides assistance in development of project plans and system life cycle maintenance, development of change requests and test plans impacting existing databases, and in the research of new sources for data.
- 10% Verifies data in existing databases and assists in the collection of data and management of existing databases. Creates supporting documentation outlining procedures within scope of responsibility.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational, customer service, and analytical skills.
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations. Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical or statistical concepts.
- Relevant computer programming skills.
Required Software and Tools: Microsoft Office.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer systems support knowledge.
Work Environment: Typical office environment. Some out of town travel.
Bachelor's or Master's degree Statistics/Biostatistics, mathematics, computer science, or other job related field.
Required Work Experience:
- 2 Years statistical programming or statistical interpretation.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree-Statistics/Biostatistics, mathematics, computer science, or other job related field
- Preferred Work Experience:
- 2 years experience with statistical practices. 2 years relational database experience. (may be concurrent)
ScienceView all jobs at ACT Consulting