ACT Consulting South Bend, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $30 Hourly
New Job Position in South Bend, IN for Electronics Technician. Welcome candidates with excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude and relevant experience.
- Job Position: 105369-Electronics Technician
- Location: South Bend, IN
- Duration: $29.61/ hour on W2
- Pay Rate: 6 Months
- Develop operational knowledge of proprietary technology platforms and associated Sensor Network equipment
- Configure Remote Telemetry Units and related equipment to meet contractual obligations
- Complete material requisitions for material and subcontractors.
- Complete and submit internal Purchase Order and tool requests
- Coordinate and manage supply chain and contract manufacturers
- Support inventory management and shipping logistics Support certifications and consolidation of product lines for production
- Develop processes for evaluation and tracking procedures for increasing volumes of returns and spare units Test, diagnose, and evaluate product issues using engineering analysis techniques and tools.
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting and stress testing of systems and components; good working knowledge of electronic device testing equipment, fixtures and device evaluation and trouble-shooting procedures.
- Basic field troubleshooting and repair of Remote Telemetry Units as required Preparation of Sensor Network and equipment reports, safety report, project updates, etc.
- Ensure company’s safety program and goals are implemented and enforce proper safety procedures while working in hazardous situations.
- Comply with rules, regulations, safe work habits and potential hazards presented by the work environment, including but not limited to roadway traffic.
- Completion of any relevant eCompliance safety forms
- Must be able to communicate issues effectively in both oral and written terms when testing, diagnosing, evaluating and repairing returned products with clients and internally with coworkers.
- Extremely dependable and productivity minded; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret and assist with product/component electrical drawings, schematics, component specifications, product assembly drawings and bills of material structures.
- Appreciation for basic electrical and mechanical safety and adherence to best practices regarding industrial hygiene and workplace safety.
- Ability to use general Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint …) and additionally interest/aptitude to learn CAD applications (e.g. schematic capture and layout).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required in electrical engineering.
- Highly organized and assertive; capable of managing multiple competing priorities. Work effectively with diverse team members in a collaborative team environment.
- Passion for client success
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree (2 yr.) in Electrical Engineering Technology or similar related field, or High School diploma plus applicable Military Avionics/Electronics
Training/Qualification or equivalent and related experience.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude/interest and manual dexterity.
- Understanding of moderate assemblies and interactions (i.e. fits and finishes);
- Spatial relations capability and established trouble-shooting skills a must.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across multiple engineering disciplines as needed (e.g. electrical/ mechanical / manufacturing…). Experience with potable water or wastewater systems is an asset
- Successful candidates cannot have any restrictions on their driver’s license that prevent them from driving and being insurable on company-owned or rented vehicles
- Works in a typical office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate
- Position requires visual acuity to regularly view a computer monitor, spreadsheets, documents and reports May work in outside weather conditions and be exposed to varying weather conditions
- Candidate must be able to bend, twist, crouch, stand for long periods of time, use of hands to manipulate and operate tools and equipment.
- Ability to lift heavy (75 lbs+) items independently Travel Requirement: Must be able to travel as required up to 30%
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSouth Bend, IN
ManufacturingView all jobs at ACT Consulting