Personnel Security Specialist (Remote)
ACS Reston, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Reston, Virginia (Telework Authorized)
Clearance Required: Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a current and active TS/SCI clearance granted by the Department of Defense or an Intelligence Community agency. Must be able to pass a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
Assured Consulting Solutions provides strategic and innovative solutions for customer needs across the business, technology, and organizational spectrum. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work with customers that are both Government and industry leaders and technology innovators.
We are seeking a highly motivated Personnel Security Specialist to join our team to manage, administer, and coordinate our personnel security (PERSEC) program and other security activities to ensure compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. The Personnel Security Specialist will process, review, and maintain all personnel security clearances and maintain all security documentation, files, and clearance and suitability rosters in accordance with government requirements. The successful candidate will possess both an understanding of and the experience with the NISPOM and general security requirements for the DoD, IC, and other Federal agencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer and manage the personnel security clearance processes to include coordinating initial clearance submissions and periodic reinvestigations of staff, providing guidance and instruction to staff to ensure completion of security paperwork, collecting ink or electronic fingerprinting of initial clearance candidates, and providing follow-up clearance report status on processed clearances to managers for specific contracts.
- Maintain all PERSEC documentation and submissions in accordance with DCSA and contract requirements.
- Provide and document new employee security briefings, exit interviews, and debriefings.
- Investigate and report on security violations and incidents.
- Manage and develop annual refresher training to include preparing necessary documentation in support of the DCSA and contract audits.
- Provide security support to Human Resources, Contracts, Operations, and Business Growth teams.
- Advise personnel of their reporting requirements, both personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related.
- Interpret government policies for the development and implementation of security plans and procedures.
- Maintain a working relationship with DCSA, other agencies, and each contract's security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances or suitability determinations.
- Create and update security plans, procedures, and instructions.
- Develop, execute, and maintain security education programs.
- Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and company security policies.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges, access cards, and visit requests, as required.
- Implement required processes in order to comply with DoD, IC, and other government Security Directives and Instructions, and SCIF security regulations.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with industry PERSEC
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in security field
- Demonstrated ability to in-process and maintain +300 employees and independent contractors
- Demonstrated ability to provide employees with personnel security guidance, consistent with the 13 adjudicative guidelines, to best assist them managing their clearances
- Experience with protection requirements for handling and safeguarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Experience with DISS, NISS, and e-QIP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) or National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) contracts (preferred)
Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and at least eight (8) years of related experience. Four (4) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
Years of Experience:
- 8+ years w/ Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years w/ High School Diploma
Position Type: Full-Time
Assured Consulting Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact ACS Human Resources at (703) 662-5062.
Real EstateView all jobs at ACS