ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Project Developer position will assist with implementation of a Demand Voltage Reduction program. This full-time position is located in Richland, WA.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Project Management for all phases of development for new applied technology and power management projects, including:
- Identifying needs and opportunities
- Preparation of proposals and term sheets; formation and leadership of project teams
- Hiring and managing of outside technical and environmental consultants
- Preparation of project development and business plans, strategic plans, and budgets, including project pro-formas; identification and development of project sites
- Obtainment of management, board, and regulatory approvals
- Management of the procurement of major equipment and construction services
- Arrangement of project financing
- Coordination with Operations and Maintenance (O&M)/Professional Services for operating cost projections and project transition plans and checklists; and arranging for construction management services.
- Negotiate term sheets, PPA’s and other development agreements with business sector manager support.
- Provide direction and oversight of administrative and technical support assigned to projects.
- Develop and maintain industry liaisons and current expertise for assigned power supply technologies, including attendance and/or participation on industry committees and forums, review of technical journals and periodicals and completion of selected training classes and seminars.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Ten years of progressive experience in project development including planning, analysis, siting, permitting, engineering, marketing, financing, fuel supply, contracting, transmission, startup, construction, or operations
- Five years specific to electric power generation supply or utility power management.
- Working knowledge of various power supply technologies, as well as a general familiarity with related federal and state environmental regulations, policies, and permitting processes.
- Well-developed management skills, including strong team formation and leadership skills,
- Knowledge of the procurement process and policies, contractor management, budget preparation and tracking process, commitment tracking, schedule and cost controls, personnel management
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of Energy Northwest (EN) employees and EN member utilities, major contractors and consultants and handle interfaces with the media and the public; ability to effectively interface with code and regulatory authorities.
- Ability to assemble and lead a strong technical support team from diverse sources within EN and customer organizations. Ability to effectively address complex project planning, regulatory, budgetary, financing, and organizational interface issues in harmony with established strategic plans, corporate policies and management direction.
- Ability to work well with many different organizations and diverse, sometimes challenging interpersonal relationships, functioning as manager, leader, diplomat, coach/mentor, and teacher as appropriate.
- Overall strong interfacing and communication skills, including public speaking and media interface skills are required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing